Update on Wheater

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, latics22 said:

Been paid off apparently? 

I’m guessing the club really had no option. A contract is a contract. Covid didn’t change that, so it would waste more money to go to court.  

I wonder if the “pay off” is just what was owed for earlier this year, or a settlement to pay off his contract completely.  I’m guessing the former.

2 hours ago, Pidge said:

I’m guessing the club really had no option. A contract is a contract. Covid didn’t change that, so it would waste more money to go to court.  

I wonder if the “pay off” is just what was owed for earlier this year, or a settlement to pay off his contract completely.  I’m guessing the former.

Why would Wheater  agree to the former ? ....unless he has a better offer elsewhere of course

Does anyone know whereabouts his instagram chat with Craig Davies sits in the general timeline of what has happened with Wheater over the last few months?  

Could that have been the real catalyst for the club taking the stance they have, with the furlough thing a convenient excuse?

Edit: I said Morais first, because I was listening to him talk about Latics on the bolton podcast. But I think the chat I'm thinking of was with Davies where Wheater tries not to say anything about the owners when Davies is talking, but doesn't exactly shut it down.

2 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Filipe Morais talking about his second spell at BP, including a few comments on Wheater's situation. Just skip to the last 10 minutes.

https://soundcloud.com/the-buff-bolton/buff-extra-catching-up-with-fil-morais

"Scandalous what goes on at Oldham and the way I was treated". "Jan. 3rd. I was told to stay at home". Everyone he spoke to including ex players he knew to told him not to join Oldham, and they wonder why they can't sign players they want! 

“Oldham is a club with good history and really good people involved with the club... but being brutally honest, it’s a totally different place..”

Says it all really.

(picking and choosing when I’m being angry)

6 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Filipe Morais talking about his second spell at BP, including a few comments on Wheater's situation. Just skip to the last 10 minutes.

https://soundcloud.com/the-buff-bolton/buff-extra-catching-up-with-fil-morais

So yet another player to add to the list of players treated scandalously! Wow.  

This owner has a background in being a players agent!  How did he have any clients when he clearly has zero respect for people in football.  The total inability to empathise with them as human beings, is not what you would expect from a players agent.  

1 hour ago, ShireBlue said:

“Oldham is a club with good history and really good people involved with the club... but being brutally honest, it’s a totally different place..”

Says it all really.

Another “bad egg” and in the words of our tactical genius “I don’t see anything wrong” makes me sick and seeing that Aussie (look like I’ve slept in a skip) Kewell laughing his cock off when Rowe scored after benching him every game before and probably will again Saturday they can all get to fuck the whole place stinks and the fact they’ll use the win against plumbers as vindication for Fage and everything else is infuriating until we lose again on Saturday 

4 hours ago, al_bro said:

"Scandalous what goes on at Oldham and the way I was treated". "Jan. 3rd. I was told to stay at home". Everyone he spoke to including ex players he knew to told him not to join Oldham, and they wonder why they can't sign players they want! 

1 hour ago, ShireBlue said:

Says it all really.

23 minutes ago, Pidge said:

So yet another player to add to the list of players treated scandalously! Wow.  

This owner has a background in being a players agent!  How did he have any clients when he clearly has zero respect for people in football.  The total inability to empathise with them as human beings, is not what you would expect from a players agent.  

I think Morais had a run-in with Dino previously, possibly when Morais was player-manager at Crawley. So I don't necessarily think his falling out was all down to ALMO being their usual selves. 

That being said telling a player on loan to stay at home isn't exactly the best business decision.

36 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Another “bad egg” and in the words of our tactical genius “I don’t see anything wrong” makes me sick and seeing that Aussie (look like I’ve slept in a skip) Kewell laughing his cock off when Rowe scored after benching him every game before and probably will again Saturday they can all get to fuck the whole place stinks and the fact they’ll use the win against plumbers as vindication for Fage and everything else is infuriating until we lose again on Saturday 

So  the owners will use a good display against plumbers as a vindication of Fage .....where does that leave the fans using  a goal against plumbers as a vindication of Rowe,.

just saying 

Archived