MATCH: Tranmere

They look really good to me from the limited snippets I've seen. Vaughan is mega and flying and the whole team seems to have that knobead attitude that makes teams winners. Don't know where they are in the league bc it's not December yet (not even sure whereabouts we are but ino we are (or were) 5pts outside the play offs 🙄

Toughest game so far this.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we seem to have a way of playing away that is working. not quite worked out how to do it at home yet. it'll be a tough game tuesday, tranmere had a days rest on us as well i think so will have a bit more time to prep. looking forward to it though 

39 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Just been on their forum and he's being described as "affable" on there.........do they use a different dictionary to the rest of the country ? 

In the land of bin dippers, binmen are looked upon in a more favourable light. 

So it's that time again eh Oldham.

Always love this fixture. Working class pride, proper needle, genuine flashpoints. It's safe to say that it'll be a war again on Tuesday. Obviously this season's a little different because A no fans generally and B Notlob Wanderers are in here with us, whom we hate more than any other entity, but that won't change the importance of Tuesday especially with both sides on the up. I enjoy this fixture even when there's not so much on the line. I remember when you went top in 2007(?) with a last minute keeper fumble from us and it stung for a while, as I'm sure us ruining Big Joe's second coming did the same your end.

Interestingly all three clubs started dreadfully but have all picked up at the same time which makes for a potentially tasty second half of the season if that form continues.

But yeah, high scoring affair wouldn't surprise me.

1 hour ago, Careca9 said:

we seem to have a way of playing away that is working. not quite worked out how to do it at home yet. it'll be a tough game tuesday, tranmere had a days rest on us as well i think so will have a bit more time to prep. looking forward to it though 

I would say play the same at home as they do away.
Or does it not work like that?

We just need to start better than we have been doing in the first 20 mins

Let's be honest we were shit until Bradford scored yesterday.

If we give the Trannies an early goal start it could be a tough night as they seem a different proposition than Bradford who are toothless. 

I'd be delighted with a point tbh then 3 pts at Cambridge.

15 hours ago, Londonboy said:

We just need to start better than we have been doing in the first 20 mins

Let's be honest we were shit until Bradford scored yesterday.

If we give the Trannies an early goal start it could be a tough night as they seem a different proposition than Bradford who are toothless. 

I'd be delighted with a point tbh then 3 pts at Cambridge.

8 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

I would be ecstatic with 4pts out of these next 2 games.

4 pts from the next two games and I'll be on the King Kewell train rather than the 'king Kewell one.

I watched them on Friday against Brackley and they didn't seem that great. Clarky is nearly 39 but was still their best defender. Vaughan didn't do much, but I guess he's always dangerous. Start well and keep a lead to the last 15 mins. They will then come out and leave themselves vulnerable for us to get a second. It also depends on who's fit and who isn't.

14 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

If Fage is injured I'd bring Jombati in to the side, other than that same team as Saturday please!

Possibly... but what about Bahamboula? 

Discounting the longer term injured, if I was Head Coach (hah!) there are 9 (NINE) definite starters if all available:

Lawlor, Clarke, Piergianni, Borthwick-Jackson, Ntambwe, McCalmont, Bahamboula, McAleny, Rowe... leaving two to be added to complete the starting eleven. Garrity is showing up well at the minute and Jombati as right sided fullback/wingback which would allow us to switch between 3 or 4 at the back.

The bench Bilboe, Hamer, Whelan, Barnett, DKD, Grant, DaSilva. And surely it cannot be too long before Zachary returns? 

7pm kick off. 

Archived