MATCH: vs Salford City (H) FL Trophy 31/08/2021

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Londonboy said:

Think this could be our lowest attendance for years. Anyone bothering?

Btw Salford for all their money had less than 1400 home supporters on Sat for their game v Newport which is piss poor

I've paid no attention to their attendances but to hear that is a shock, I thought they were getting more than that.

The class of 92 & Peter Lim got that wrong I feel, should have bought a club with potential and some history behind it in the Manchester area.

It's a project I just don't see going much higher than it is.

• Matt changed the title to MATCH: vs Salford City (H) FL Trophy 31/08/2021
  • Matt featured this topic

Of course, I hope the Latics beat them and while I never really bother about the ups and downs of other clubs, apart from when they go out of business, Salford seem to be one club I wouldn't be fussed about dropping out of the league and beyond. Probably a bit of envy on my part. 

2 hours ago, Londonboy said:

Think this could be our lowest attendance for years. Anyone bothering?

Btw Salford for all their money had less than 1400 home supporters on Sat for their game v Newport which is piss poor

Be interesting to see their attendance once they move to the AJ Bell. 

I think both rugby clubs dropped fans when they went there. Bit of a pain to get to.

I’ve said it before…apart from the local derbies, ie. Wigan, Blackburn etc. I don’t think Salford would have an earthly of getting 5k/6k crowds on a regular basis, even in the Championship!

Anybody told the class of 92 we could be available soon?😆

2 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

I wonder why barrow is available? I thought Saturdays were strictly overseas like South Korea 🙄🤣

No EPL, ifollow is allowed during an international break.

My brother has already paid for it on the fixtures section of the official website.

3 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Injured players as of 17:00 Saturday:

Rogers,

McGahey,

Hart,

Fage,

Hopcutt,

Stobbs,

Cisse

We know that McGahey, Cisse and Hopcutt are out for a while. No update on the others but hopefully Hart’s hamstring is only a slight tweak 🤞

Is McGahey injured? Curle sounded like he tripped up on his press conference when he talked of registration issues and included McGahey in that before saying “and other injuries” 

wasn't he 2 year signing too? 

8 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Injured players as of 17:00 Saturday:

Rogers,

McGahey,

Hart,

Fage,

Hopcutt,

Stobbs,

Cisse

We know that McGahey, Cisse and Hopcutt are out for a while. No update on the others but hopefully Hart’s hamstring is only a slight tweak 🤞

Impressive list. 

it’s a shame our club has decided to reduce physios from 2 for the first team down to one, at the same time as letting our experienced doc go and replacing him with inexperience this season.

The usual Oldham attempt to save money without considering the effect on the team.

I got an idea of the lyrics in the file below, when I was reading a discussion on OWTB about playing Mouldy Old Dough, or Boys in Blue before a match.

I had to degrade the quality of the file to get it to a size that OWTB would accept.

Hopefully it works and you will enjoy it. Maybe the few going to the Salford match tonight could give it a trial run (copyright relinquished).

TBIB.mp3

4 hours ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Bahamboula missing for the next couple of games as well due to internationals? Maybe we could sign Blyth on a short term deal for cover if we’re short of bodies :)

We could sign the whole Blyth team and probably do better.😆

6 hours ago, Pidge said:

Impressive list. 

it’s a shame our club has decided to reduce physios from 2 for the first team down to one, at the same time as letting our experienced doc go and replacing him with inexperience this season.

The usual Oldham attempt to save money without considering the effect on the team.

I know other clubs have done the same, we are not on our own here,  complaining about this same issue on the Barrow forum 

9 hours ago, Pidge said:

Impressive list. 

Wasn't it Lee Johnson who said that he could accept injuries due to knocks, as they couldn't be avoided, but there should never be muscular injuries.

8 hours ago, Ex_pat said:

I got an idea of the lyrics in the file below, when I was reading a discussion on OWTB about playing Mouldy Old Dough, or Boys in Blue before a match.

I had to degrade the quality of the file to get it to a size that OWTB would accept.

Hopefully it works and you will enjoy it. Maybe the few going to the Salford match tonight could give it a trial run (copyright relinquished).

TBIB.mp3 16.24 kB · 16 downloads

OT but why is the attachment limit 16 kB! You can't even attach a normal sized jpeg with that limit. It needs to be increased or may as well be removed.

Archived