1 hour ago, LaticMark said:

"Keith Curle hopes the situation surrounding Latics' latest transfer restrictions is rectified before January, having already earmarked targets."

www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk

A couple of Curle’s comments from that article caught my eye……

“We've already started identifying areas within the team that we think we can improve.”😂😂😂

What an understatement that is!!

“Can I keep this football club up? Yes," he said. 😳

That’s nice to know but what happened to the top 10 position he predicted preseason?

We’ve had some wofflers managing our club over the years but even having to put up with the present shit show this guy takes some beating!

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Vaughan has already started a league game. As has Luamba. Unless I'm very much mistaken 

10 hours ago, latics22 said:

So why isn’t he starting ????😩

Vaughan started at Sutton (as did Luamba) however Harry was taken off at halftime. Luamba was also in the starting eleven for the next game home to Barrow but has been injured since then.

Vaughan is not starting games because, in my opinion, he is not yet physically up to playing a full ninety minutes in League 2. He is being carefully managed and is having an impact coming off the bench.

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Vaughan started at Sutton (as did Luamba) however Harry was taken off at halftime. Luamba was also in the starting eleven for the next game home to Barrow but has been injured since then.

Vaughan is not starting games because, in my opinion, he is not yet physically up to playing a full ninety minutes in League 2. He is being carefully managed and is having an impact coming off the bench.

Can remember Pep doing the same with Foden when many were calling for him to be sent out on loan to gain experience.........that seems to have turned out OK.

5 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

That aged well!

(Vaughan starts today against Carlisle 😃)

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Even this early in the season this is a must win game. Not that it really matters but If we lose today should Curle go?

It’s close if he loses today. I don’t think he should go if we do but he literally has to pick something up the week after and be flexible with his formation to get the best out of baha 

21 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

That aged well!

(Vaughan starts today against Carlisle 😃)

Maybe so but I agree with your overall point Vaughan and Luamba need to be eased into the team gradually. They might start today but we shouldn't expect them to start every game.

There should be every reason, with the state that the club is in, to want to keep Curle in place for as long as possible to add a modicum of stability to our situation.

And yet he's doing so badly that it can't be long before we roll the dice with another manager, and I wouldn't be too sympathetic.  So many square pegs in round holes in that side today and he isn't getting the most out of a lot of players, especially the attackers.

I'm not expecting the next manager to be particularly good either but I'm not convinced that Curle will change his ways, and his ways aren't working.

7 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

There should be every reason, with the state that the club is in, to want to keep Curle in place for as long as possible to add a modicum of stability to our situation.

And yet he's doing so badly that it can't be long before we roll the dice with another manager, and I wouldn't be too sympathetic.  So many square pegs in round holes in that side today and he isn't getting the most out of a lot of players, especially the attackers.

I'm not expecting the next manager to be particularly good either but I'm not convinced that Curle will change his ways, and his ways aren't working.

This.

Even allowing for the poor hand that he has been dealt with (injuries and low standard footballers), Curle is failing on a number of fronts.

He persists with a formation that the players simply don’t look comfortable with.

He continues to play key players out of position. The balance in midfield, put simply, will never work.

He has failed to get so many of the midfield and forwards to put in a tackle or work as a team to close down the opposition.

In short he is not getting a shift out of too many of his starting eleven This is all the more evident when the young lads are thrown on. They at least show  desire.

He is extremely fortunate to still be in charge at the moment. And as for his snippet from his post match interview…

”It is what it is and I’ll deal with it”

… we’ve heard this on too many occasions and the problem is that Curle is quite clearly NOT dealing with it

I do have some sympathy with him but sadly I don’t think he has much time left to turn this around. 

Archived