FA Cup draw

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

It's because they always show the map at the wrong angle (straight up rather than tilted as it actually is).  Norwich is further north than Birmingham

I go the East Yorkshire coast and look out to sea and am facing North, which I can never get my head around, for the same reason.

15 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

away would have been decentt

Chester wouldn’t - went there for the friendly  against them a few years ago and the ground’s in the middle of nowhere!

Edited by JoeP

11 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Chester wouldn’t - went there for the friendly  against them a few years ago and the ground’s in the middle of nowhere!

Rubbish….like BP It’s only about about a mile and a half out of town 30 minutes walk or about 5 minutes by taxi!!

Remember Latics beating Chester 5-0 in 1970 with four goals from the wondrous Fryatt. Dark, wet afternoon. Driving rain in the floodlights. Kicking downhill to the Chaddy End in the second half. Just marvellous. About the start of the best, consecutive twenty five years in Latics' history.

15 minutes ago, JoeP said:

14 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Aka Wales

Isn't the main entrance and car park in England, but the rest of the stadium is in Wales?

2 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Isn't the main entrance and car park in England, but the rest of the stadium is in Wales?

Something like that.  When England and Wales were in different lockdown rules they could play five-a-sides in the English half, but they couldn't get the ball back if it went west.

30 minutes ago, JoeP said:

This is assuming they beat Hanley and draw against us. In which case it would be a replayed night match and no one should want to risk a 30 minute walk through many bleak industrial estates with no street lighting.

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

This is assuming they beat Hanley and draw against us. In which case it would be a replayed night match and no one should want to risk a 30 minute walk through many bleak industrial estates with no street lighting.

The Oldham massive from Saturday probably won't mind 

22 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

The Oldham massive from Saturday probably won't mind 

They would be walking on their own, even Chester fanatics wouldn't venture there.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 2

The Deva is indeed miles from the railway station.  Last time I went there was when Billy Ayre was our manager  in the "miracle" season of 92/93. We had eleven points at Christmas and were eleven points away from safety ; we won at Chester 2-1  on the Saturday between Christmas and New Year, our first away win in nearly a year. It was a long walk back, made worse by having to fight off marauding locals for much of the way.  We stayed up on the last day, sending Fulham (!!) down to D4 instead.

Good job you're at home. 😀

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Chester away would be great for me as live 20 minutes away 

An opportunity perhaps,  for Frank to reward the ST holders, the cash paying Athleticos’,  the pay on the day fence-sitters, our lapsed supporters, or those with just an inquisitive nature tempted with an admission price that guarantees the place will be well attended and bouncing for a fixture where the prize money is decent, and accumulates further if we progress!? 

Having said that, I do wonder whether the away team actually have some say in this, despite it being so early in the competition? 

6 hours ago, hollandspies said:

An opportunity perhaps,  for Frank to reward the ST holders, the cash paying Athleticos’,  the pay on the day fence-sitters, our lapsed supporters, or those with just an inquisitive nature tempted with an admission price that guarantees the place will be well attended and bouncing for a fixture where the prize money is decent, and accumulates further if we progress!? 

Having said that, I do wonder whether the away team actually have some say in this, despite it being so early in the competition? 

If they offer me 30 quid to attend it, then I might consider it...