MATCH: Dorking Wanderers (A) 07/01/23

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, longtimeblue said:

They're part-time and the players have other jobs. Literally the only reason I said it. Statistically, I'd have thought there was a postman or two within the squad.

Most teams in this league are full time professional clubs

Please post the stats of "postmen" in this league 

You are belittling poorly paid and generally belittled people for cheap laughs nothing more

Again, lets see you demeaning Doctors, lawyers and accountants we will play this weekend

You rowed back after being called out 

4 hours ago, Can Neil Redfearn Do It said:

I briefly turned out in the Manchester Accounts League and would fully expect any random 11 binmen to win it 😂

So did I. TR wanderers. Once scored a worldie. My only one mind.

7 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I find it more offensive to binmen and postmen in all honesty as if their job is so shit its fair game to use it as an unfunny non league football comparison.

Just about sums up some peoples opinion amd perception of football . Not suprised at all by some of the comments . 

7 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Is it just me or is anyone else getting fed up with these derogatory comments about other NL teams? "Binmen", "pub team", "team of postmen" etc. If we were top of the league it would come across as arrogant, patronising rubbish. As we are 20th it just smacks of deluded, wannabe big-time Charlies. How many promotions have Dorking had again?

Lol. 

12 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Ah snowflake, the usual response to anything people think is unacceptable, probably support Andrew Bridgens comments this week too.

Look forward to you sugessting we are playing a team full of Doctors, lawyers and accountants at the weekend 

Haha. I just can't imagine getting annoyed because someone referred to a few footballers as binmen. Wow

12 hours ago, longtimeblue said:

Binmen and postmen are both noble professions. I'd be surprised if any of them took offence when their jobs are used in reference to part-time football teams. 

I'm sure they wouldn't but what I would say is that it seems abit dismissive to the standard of football at this level when people (not picking on you here btw) refer to it as the binman league. The standard in the National League is very good. Both Notts County and Wrexham look top half league 2 Chesterfield and Barnet also impressed me and both should compete comfortably if they go up. Wealdstone one of the part time teams scored one of the best team goals I've seen in years when they came here. While we smashed them Saturday Dorking played some good football when they came to Boundary Park in August If their defending wasn't "shit" as their manager said they would be doing really well.

To get out of this league at the right end we are going to have to be very good and even then that might not be enough we might see a few failed and somewhat agonising play off attempts. I'm anticipating a hard slog to get back into the football league. The part time teams probably contain players who themselves could probably have had the opportunity to go full time and have chose not too they certainly won't roll over to the likes of us.

10 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Most teams in this league are full time professional clubs

Please post the stats of "postmen" in this league 

You are belittling poorly paid and generally belittled people for cheap laughs nothing more

Again, lets see you demeaning Doctors, lawyers and accountants we will play this weekend

You rowed back after being called out 

Did I fuck "row back". They're a part time club whose players have other jobs. Postman is a job. I didn't even find it funny myself. The reference was a reference to them being part-time... Don't tell me I'm belittling anyone.

#postielivesmatter

The news was just talking about wales part time hockey team. 

The reporter said, this is story that would dwarf the FA Cup - the team made up of teachers students and analysts, taking on the worlds hockey elite. 

The player- hockey is what we do on top of our jobs, we have to fit in where we can. 

The reference is always a generalised point across many jobs when talking about part time clubs. It isn’t deriding one job at all. 

4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

The news was just talking about wales part time hockey team. 

The reporter said, this is story that would dwarf the FA Cup - the team made up of teachers students and analysts, taking on the worlds hockey elite. 

The player- hockey is what we do on top of our jobs, we have to fit in where we can. 

The reference is always a generalised point across many jobs when talking about part time clubs. It isn’t deriding one job at all. 

What, not a binman or postman amongst them?

58 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

It is a bit condescending isn't it ? 🧐

No - if those people who seem to constantly find themselves offended on behalf of others (most of whom aren't offended in the slightest anyway) some sanity may just return to this country, which is rapidly going to the dogs! (is that offensive to poodles?). 

49 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

It is a bit condescending isn't it ? 🧐

The post is condescending in the strict sense of the word IE implying that we are superior to them but referring to the occupations of part time footballers as postmen is a generalisation that doesn't bother me because I get what he means. I'm generally not easily offended by words online unlike many apparently sensitive souls nowadays. Having said that I suspect the people on here are having a bit of fun with it 😊

As @Dave_Oghas pointed out, there are 2 part-time teams in the NL and one of them has beaten us. We are in no position to joke about the standard of the other teams in this league, given our current league placing, and even if we were challenging for promotion I fail to see the point of deriding teams below us. As for being accused of being offended on behalf of others, that is one of the most fatuous comments I've read on here for some time.

3 hours ago, wiseowl said:

No - if those people who seem to constantly find themselves offended on behalf of others (most of whom aren't offended in the slightest anyway) some sanity may just return to this country, which is rapidly going to the dogs! (is that offensive to poodles?). 

Surprised you picked a French breed tbh

Archived