Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

46 minutes ago, Longlostfan said:

More similar than you think. If I recall he got pelters for a long time but kept plugging away. Eventually was seen to come good.

Didn't he start off as a right back but then came good when moved to centre half?

I still have memories of him committing some horrendous tackles though.

28 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Didn't he start off as a right back but then came good when moved to centre half?

You may be right. My hazy recollection is of a scrawny ginger not really up to it- was he trying to fill in for John Hurst. As a youngster I couldn't understand why our supporters gave him grief rather than encouragement- sound familiar?

Then suddenly he came good. Bolton had been a bit of a bogie team. I think we beat them 4-2 in a night league cup match to my suprise and I recall him getting to the bye line to put a great delivery in. One of those games where he didn't seem to put a foot wrong. I remember telling my dad who couldn't make it how well he had done.

A one club player?

• Like 1

On 9/26/2023 at 11:13 AM, Gaz_Oafc said:

Have you seen some of the shit going on there... Fighting over who owns what, banning orders left right and centre, protests (all sounds a bit familiar) and leaked text messages from the owner with derogatory comments on the fans and basically saying he'll take the club under!

Didn't he call the fans a bunch of spastics in a private message which was screenshotted and leaked? To be honest, it did make me chuckle. I bet that gets said a lot by chairmen privately at clubs all around the country. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Didn't he call the fans a bunch of spastics in a private message which was screenshotted and leaked? To be honest, it did make me chuckle. I bet that gets said a lot by chairmen privately at clubs all around the country. 

I believe that was proved to be fake

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/28/2023 at 12:10 PM, mick26 said:

Dickinson played wide left/right on the bibs team training match today. Another wide player called "Bez" as well - don't know who he could be.

Could be Lubala ex Blackpool, Crawley.

Just noticed Lubala ended up at Burton with Dino, scored 2 yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...

Goalkeeping Coach Steve Collis added that he believes Dan can enhance the group of 'keepers at Latics.

"I think it's important to have three quality 'keepers on our books, who will push each other and that's what Dan will help us do."

11 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Goalkeeping Coach Steve Collis added that he believes Dan can enhance the group of 'keepers at Latics.

"I think it's important to have three quality 'keepers on our books, who will push each other and that's what Dan will help us do."

Doesn't say much for the youth keeper