New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the way that when you open the Latics site you get 'job vacancy'. I think we know.

Lets just pay Shefki all the money we were offering him and SO'D and see if that gets us a manager. DOF for an almost bankrupt league one club does seem a little daft.

PS Only 14 days to first friendly. At least the nearly team are having their fitness tested today with the question of who wants to go in goal hanging over their heads - it was ever thus in the playground.

Edited by Hands on

He has been right about things before. He was one of the first to break the Sheridan news...

Yep & several others before that. He certainly used to work for the club & will still hear things that go on. Has done an occasional wind up but I wouldn't be quick to dismiss everything he says.

Last Tuesday morning, people were at the club believing Evans was about to be announced before he pulled out of the deal. If this set of deals collapses, I'd love to know what they're all finding out before they sign.

Yep & several others before that. He certainly used to work for the club & will still hear things that go on. Has done an occasional wind up but I wouldn't be quick to dismiss everything he says.

Last Tuesday morning, people were at the club believing Evans was about to be announced before he pulled out of the deal. If this set of deals collapses, I'd love to know what they're all finding out before they sign.

The salary?

If you were gerrard, dieng, wilson (either) there is no way you'd be accepting contracts here. This fooking about is going to cost us at least 3 of those 4 and lets face it, they're pretty much all we have left.

Edited by Fruitygoo

If you were gerrard, dieng, wilson (either) there is no way you'd be accepting contracts here. This fooking about is going to cost us at least 3 of those 4 and lets face it, they're pretty much all we have left.

Gerrard didn't seem happy that his wages were delayed so that was always a non-starter anyway. Pretty sure we'd be a last resort for the others for the same reasons.

Obviously we don't know if these rumours about the deal potentially falling through are true, but one way or another, it is now 5 weeks since Shez left. Clearly we shouldn't be rushing into an appointment but this is getting ridiculous. There are no other manager's jobs available in English league football right now so how difficult can it be to find someone capable of doing the job?

Obviously we don't know if these rumours about the deal potentially falling through are true, but one way or another, it is now 5 weeks since Shez left. Clearly we shouldn't be rushing into an appointment but this is getting ridiculous. There are no other manager's jobs available in English league football right now so how difficult can it be to find someone capable of doing the job?

Cos all the good managers have jobs and all the :censored: ones don't.

Slim pickings, innit.

It looks like we might get to a situation were its not about finding the right man, but more about finding anybody reasonable to take the job.

I think we've been at that stage since Evans :censored:ed us off and we still haven't got a manager.

I think we've been at that stage since Evans :censored:ed us off and we still haven't got a manager.

I'd argue we've been in that place since Shez left first time round. It worked out a couple of times and then there was the excellent decision to bring him back last season but I don't think there has ever been anything more than appointing whoever was prepared to take the job.