Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Luke Joyce from Port Vale according to some very suspicious accounts on Twitter. 

Was high on the 'stats' lists for passes completed, ball winning in opps half and winning second balls. Kind of exactly what we need although I cant remember seeing him play. Im sure I will have though over the years

9 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Was high on the 'stats' lists for passes completed, ball winning in opps half and winning second balls. Kind of exactly what we need although I cant remember seeing him play. Im sure I will have though over the years

Plays a lot of games every season in our division in a position we need. At 33 may not be overly expensive. Also local. May be a pragmatic signing.

1 hour ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Luke Joyce from Port Vale according to some very suspicious accounts on Twitter. 

Impossible to be excited about him as a signing but if it does mean Curle gets first pick then that's something

Luke Joyce and Nicky Adams played in the same Bolton-area youngsters team as my mate, so there's another link there as well as being a Curle player previously.

Adams was quite the unlikable arrogant feller (though has clearly matured) whereas Joyce has always been a very professional hardworking kind of player since he was a teenager.

9 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Reading between the lines could this be taken as Garrity coming back? I can't think of many other interested Division 2 clubs. 

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/blackpool-announce-shock-departures-as-they-release-retained-list-following-promotion-to-the-championship-3260697

Seems strange that Blackpool have taken up the option on Garrity when they're 2 divisions higher than the league he's underperformed in this season.

Perhaps they see something in him most of us have missed ?

It'd be pretty short odds on us being the League 2 club he may sign for so hopefully they're right and our oracles may have got it wrong !!

On 6/3/2021 at 12:12 PM, mick26 said:

We're linked with Luke Joyce released from Port Vale who have upgraded to Brad Walker.

Pretty much shows the ambition for next season at respective clubs!(tbf Joyce does sound like the type needed here 😂).

20 hours ago, oafc21 said:

I know Luke well, he’s a local lad from Bolton, spoke to his dad today who said he has had talks with curle, but that’s all at the moment 

On 6/3/2021 at 12:38 PM, Clubfootkilkenny said:

On 6/3/2021 at 1:08 PM, latics22 said:

Seen that on a more relatable site 

You mean another thread on OWTB! 

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Seems strange that Blackpool have taken up the option on Garrity when they're 2 divisions higher than the league he's underperformed in this season.

Perhaps they see something in him most of us have missed ?

It'd be pretty short odds on us being the League 2 club he may sign for so hopefully they're right and our oracles may have got it wrong !!

Being 2 divisions higher they'd want a substantial fee too I expect.

2 hours ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Garrity signed for Port Vale... Thank Christ for that...

Although the lad from port vale we're supposed to be interested in doesn't sound like any improvement

Yes he is. He's got two legs.

39 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Dont be coming here with facts!!

We want a 5th division French prodigy who has been capped for Fiji not a proven League player 

You mean like Bahamboula?  No I would much rather have a 34 year  who has been released by a bottom half of the bottom league team but who has proved an asset at Barrow Northwich Accrington and Carlisle. 

1 hour ago, Wednesday said:

You mean like Bahamboula?  No I would much rather have a 34 year  who has been released by a bottom half of the bottom league team but who has proved an asset at Barrow Northwich Accrington and Carlisle. 

You can't complain about Accrington.

15 hours ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

He did have... Lost them a while ago apparently

...and yet he's still better than Garrity. I'm better than Garrity and i'm three stone overweight (and the rest).

I'm not suggesting Joyce would be a good signing, just that Garrity is absolutely crap.

14 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

...and yet he's still better than Garrity. I'm better than Garrity and i'm three stone overweight (and the rest).

I'm not suggesting Joyce would be a good signing, just that Garrity is absolutely crap.

Agreed

Striking a controversial note........... I don't think we played to Garrity's strength.

He strikes me as a box to box attacking midfielder who we played as a defensive midfielder at times and also expected him to slot into a ball playing tippy-tappy side.

Time will tell whether I'm proved right but I hope he flourishes at Vale if only for the amount of abuse he's got on here ! :hanged:

Archived