Bradford (A)

Tomorrow, I would go for a similar approach to Tuesday. Get men behind the ball. Use the midfield block and counter with pace and plenty of it. Hopefully Wheater is fit but this is looking increasingly unlikely so we may have to look shaky at the back once more which worries me. Should Wheater not be fit, I would go for the following:

Woods

Mills Hamer Iacovitti Smith-Brown

Missilou Sylla

Fage Maouche Nepomuceno

Azankpo

52 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

Tomorrow, I would go for a similar approach to Tuesday. Get men behind the ball. Use the midfield block and counter with pace and plenty of it. Hopefully Wheater is fit but this is looking increasingly unlikely so we may have to look shaky at the back once more which worries me. Should Wheater not be fit, I would go for the following:

Woods

Mills Hamer Iacovitti Smith-Brown

Missilou Sylla

Fage Maouche Nepomuceno

Azankpo

Agree with that team if no Wheater. One concern though is the lack of height in that back four.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Agree with that team if no Wheater. One concern though is the lack of height in that back four.

And two decent centre backs, where's this notion that Hamer is anything but a wing back or right back come from, surely they were planning to sell Hamer for Mills to have been signed? Unfortunately you have to play Sefil in there until two of our better centre halves are fit to play, hopefully that's pretty soon because that defence isn't up to it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

And two decent centre backs, where's this notion that Hamer is anything but a wing back or right back come from, surely they were planning to sell Hamer for Mills to have been signed? Unfortunately you have to play Sefil in there until two of our better centre halves are fit to play, hopefully that's pretty soon because that defence isn't up to it.

I was one to suggest this. Purely because whenever I've seen him play he's always looked like he can read the game well and is a solid defender, decent in the air so may be a decent convert to CB.  May be wrong, but would be up for trying him there ahead of Sefil!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I was one to suggest this. Purely because whenever I've seen him play he's always looked like he can read the game well and is a solid defender, decent in the air so may be a decent convert to CB.  May be wrong, but would be up for trying him there ahead of Sefil!

Personally think Hamer’s positional play is his weak point. Still young and better than Sefil tho 

Edited by LightDN123
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

they have been playing 1 up front and 2 attacking midfielders  should be a decent game one we can win.

I work with a lot of Bradford fans.  They are anything but confident.  Most want shot of Doyle too.

Bradford 5 (Doyle 5) Latics 0 (missed Pen, Vera)

And no, I’m not joining your fucking prediction league before you ask (again) 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

I work with a lot of Bradford fans.  They are anything but confident.  Most want shot of Doyle too.

Bradford 5 (Doyle 5) Latics 0 (missed Pen, Vera)

And no, I’m not joining your fucking prediction league before you ask (again) 🤣🤣🤣

We are very good at ending teams winless runs and our current lot certainly without Wheater look especially generous.

With them at a low point and with us at an all time low this game is set up to be an absolute cracker.

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

We are very good at ending teams winless runs and our current lot certainly without Wheater look especially generous.

With them at a low point and with us at an all time low this game is set up to be an absolute cracker.

You are right.  It’s beer o’clock for us though on the 08:33 from Darlington tomorrow so you maybe confusing me with someone who gives a shit come kick off 😎😎😎

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

You are right.  It’s beer o’clock for us though on the 08:33 from Darlington tomorrow so you maybe confusing me with someone who gives a shit come kick off 😎😎😎

Fair enough, and probably the right attitude to have this season. Im still at the point of caring unfortunately.

Hope you all have a good day

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Frankies6 said:

they have been playing 1 up front and 2 attacking midfielders  should be a decent game one we can win.

Where’s that come from?

The starting line up for their first two league games have included Doyle, Vaughn, and Donaldson. 🤔

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Anywhere in Bradford in particular that everyone will be going pre-match?

I don’t think there’s many bigger shit holes than the area Valley Parade is in. Went with my Grandad a couple of seasons ago...

when I walked on to the main road and saw a sex shop adorned with pink neon window lights I decided to just take him in and get a pie*

* The ground that is, not the sex shop

20 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

I don’t think there’s many bigger shit holes than the area Valley Parade is in. Went with my Grandad a couple of seasons ago...

when I walked on to the main road and saw a sex shop adorned with pink neon window lights I decided to just take him in and get a pie*

* The ground that is, not the sex shop

I was thinking more Bradford centre lol

• Like 1