Harry Kewell Departure Watch

10 hours ago, wiseowl said:

...and still the pointless debates about managers/players and head coaches go on. People just don't get it do they? NOBODY will be able to manage us towards anything resembling success whilst this regime is still in charge. Can you honestly not see that - even now?

I don't think it's unreasonable to discuss the players and manager on a football club's discussion forum...

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

There was definitely a rebellion brewing. I sight the protest march along the club hiring extra security and making it visible around viable targets such as shitpeas

Nah, Boundary Park has had the air of acceptance for years now.  Before lockdown, was there even one verse of "Abdallah out!" within the ground?

The most anger you hear these days is some very loud tutting..

29 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Nah, Boundary Park has had the air of acceptance for years now.  Before lockdown, was there even one verse of "Abdallah out!" within the ground?

Idk I was boycotting. My only other proof is anecdotal, so I won't submit it.

44 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I reckon it could have turned in the Main Stand after the North Stand closed but then we started banging in a load of goals and winning home games. 

11 hours ago, JoeP said:

Reckon an away game would make a better protest platform, certainly in terms of noise..

Very true - Crewe away that time was very toxic. You tend to get the more vociferous fans away (or a greater proportion of the away crowd). Boundary Park has been like a polite and quiet library for years now. No soul, no passion and no atmosphere.

• 2 weeks later...

5 games should not be enough to judge a manager.  I thought it was ludicrous to state that about Banide after 9 games last season, but we never cease to amaze at Latics do we?

That said, Kewell looks to have built such a lightweight and naive team that it's hard to ignore.

Can anyone say, with any sincerity, that they think the next appointment will make a positive difference?

It’s only worth sacking Kewell if he had serious input into the signings, how come players left out somehow become essential starters, Dearnley for example, we’ve seen today that he still has a long way to go, Rowe, always looks too slow to me and rarely impresses over a full 90 minutes.

maybe he’ll start them next week and we’ll see.

2 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

5 games should not be enough to judge a manager.  I thought it was ludicrous to state that about Banide after 9 games last season, but we never cease to amaze at Latics do we?

That said, Kewell looks to have built such a lightweight and naive team that it's hard to ignore.

Can anyone say, with any sincerity, that they think the next appointment will make a positive difference?

I wasn't happy with the results under banide, but wanted to keep with him as I could see improvement in the way we played game by game. Kewell has us playing exactly the same each game. Its like a replay everytime I watch us. Wether he has input on signings or not, each player in my opinion bar one or two, have had a decent game at some point up to now that suggests they can do better than bottom of league 2. But its only 1 game or 2 games they play well. And they don't all play well at the same time. So that lies with the manager for me irrelevant of the shit that the owners have brought in with or without his input. If the team doesn't improve then the decent players like whelan, McAleny and bahamboula will all be off in jan then that will definitely leave us dead and buried

Are their still human beings who can walk around freely in society without being sectioned who genuinely believe a change of Manager will make the difference at this football club.

Also can you imagine the absolute desperados you will be applying for the Job when Kewell goes in the next few week.

24 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

I wasn't happy with the results under banide, but wanted to keep with him as I could see improvement in the way we played game by game. Kewell has us playing exactly the same each game. Its like a replay everytime I watch us. Wether he has input on signings or not, each player in my opinion bar one or two, have had a decent game at some point up to now that suggests they can do better than bottom of league 2. But its only 1 game or 2 games they play well. And they don't all play well at the same time. So that lies with the manager for me irrelevant of the shit that the owners have brought in with or without his input. If the team doesn't improve then the decent players like whelan, McAleny and bahamboula will all be off in jan then that will definitely leave us dead and buried

He doesn't start the best players, for example Blackwood ahead of Rowe is incomprehensible.

27 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He doesn't start the best players, for example Blackwood ahead of Rowe is incomprehensible.

Agreed but I don't think rowe is up for it either. Bahamboula and dearnley I think aren't fully fit but rowe should be. But rowe is an upgrade on blackwood who will need a season at least to get it together in England. A season that we don't have

Archived