Crawley (H)

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't see the Lemmys wanting to own a non league team when they put us there. Right now I can't see us getting out of this unless teams fold. The PL money may prevent that when they decide who should be entitled to it.

1 minute ago, al_bro said:

Can't see the Lemmys wanting to own a non league team when they put us there. Right now I can't see us getting out of this unless teams fold. The PL money may prevent that when they decide who should be entitled to it.

Oh I can. I don’t think he’s that arsed. What’s far more likely to piss him off and ultimately get rid is no fans turning up post covid. 

6 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Maybe he's waiting to pocket the bailout money before disappearing.

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Oh I can. I don’t think he’s that arsed. What’s far more likely to piss him off and ultimately get rid is no fans turning up post covid. 

There is always the matchday pass revenue for them.

For us, there are two downsides to that:

Watch it with or without Roy's one eyed commentary

1 minute ago, L1onheartNew said:

There is always the matchday pass revenue for them.

For us, there are two downsides to that:

Watch it with or without Roy's one eyed commentary

Makes me chuckle with disbelief that guy. He said today it wasn't kiellor-dunn offside it was our number 10 🤦‍♂️

Shite again. Defence is a shambles, not one leader amongst them. In fact both central defenders looked exactly what they are, one a player who’s barely played in 18 months and the other a player who’s level is non league. Going forward we have a bit about us but not enough to be threatening the top half. Whilst HK will be in the same boat as many of his predecessors he looks tactically clueless and his subs are even worse and looks like yet another yes man for Mo. 

Time to chase these pricks out of town now. We’ve been far too nice as a fan base for too long with these. 

20 minutes ago, Fervid said:

They should have been run out of town months ago 

according to our new CEO  hes been here for 2 1/2 years and so is the club ?  realy has got a steep learning curve this one clubs still here despite him not because of him 

54 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Don't worry the next new 'coach' will soon take over until he inevitably fails and goes by Christmas leading to yet another fall guy installed.

The track record points to it.

Our new coach already works for Latics.

3 hours ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Better than last week. Still not good, but didn't really deserve to lose. 

Gonna be a long old season, though... 

HK isnt doing a lot wrong.

His game is to play it from the back and pass and move.

Trouble is, the opposition get there before we do.

He has a lot of square pegs in round holes at the moment. 

We are horribly exposed down our right side. Grant is skillful but lacks pace and Hamer's speed of thought is slower than that of Grant's legs.

Jerry the King is no better or worse than what we have currently.

Jombati was fine yesterday. Played both CB and RB. 

Needs to be one or the other and a new face to replace the other position.

Pidge was fine.

Badan was fine.

As for DKD, he has been on the FBI's missing footballer list for years. 

CBJ to replace him.

Whelan is the creative one and from yesterday's performance, the dirty Leeds kid is the steadier.

Both fine.

Rowe and Connor Mac need to be playing as a front two, or a front 1, 1.

No point in the likes of Hamer playing balls over the top for Rowe to "Chase" or aerial balls to Connor Mac.

The amount of times he did that yesterday made me so angry.

Couple of tweaks and we are a functioning and dangerous team.

6 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

HK isnt doing a lot wrong.

His game is to play it from the back and pass and move.

Trouble is, the opposition get there before we do.

He has a lot of square pegs in round holes at the moment. 

We are horribly exposed down our right side. Grant is skillful but lacks pace and Hamer's speed of thought is slower than that of Grant's legs.

Jerry the King is no better or worse than what we have currently.

Jombati was fine yesterday. Played both CB and RB. 

Needs to be one or the other and a new face to replace the other position.

Pidge was fine.

Badan was fine.

As for DKD, he has been on the FBI's missing footballer list for years. 

CBJ to replace him.

Whelan is the creative one and from yesterday's performance, the dirty Leeds kid is the steadier.

Both fine.

Rowe and Connor Mac need to be playing as a front two, or a front 1, 1.

No point in the likes of Hamer playing balls over the top for Rowe to "Chase" or aerial balls to Connor Mac.

The amount of times he did that yesterday made me so angry.

Couple of tweaks and we are a functioning and dangerous team.

You know what, I agree with a lot of this.

From what I've seen so far we're trying to play a better style than under Maamria and we've got more technical and threatening attacking players in the squad (Smith aside), but we've sacrificed the experience and nous that Wheater and especially McCann brought to the table.  As a result the defensive unit looks weak and very naive.

I don't mind us bringing a manager like Kewell in to do this, but I do mind that we'll probably sack him within a single figure number of games when he's clearly trying to put in place a long (or at least medium) term strategy.  Maybe Kewell is naive to be trying this with the track record our owners have for sacking managers very quickly, but at least he's trying to get us playing in a better way.

Lawlor's looked OK so far and I wouldn't blame him for any of the goals yesterday.

Hamer...worryingly he looks out of place in a better technical team which doesn't bode well if there's interest from higher up.  Distribution was very poor and even more concerning is that he was at fault for the first and third goals with poor defensive play.  I'd put Jombati at right back instead of him, but with our lack of centre back options I'd put Fage there for the time being.  Badan looks better suited to our way of playing that Borthwick-Jackson does, but he's another short defensive player.  Jombati and Piergianni look a bit more comfortable together, but Piergianni lacks the height and Jombati lacks the strength that makes exiling Wheater even more frustrating.

McCalmont looks like a very good player, I know we were linked with Matty Palmer earlier this week but I think McCalmont will be able to play a very similar role.  Whelan looks less lively although still technical and takes care of the ball well, the miss at the end was criminal because hitting the target was the minimum requirement.  My issue isn't with the individuals, it's that we look very lightweight with the two of them together and there's not a lot of protection for an already shaky defence.  McCann alongside either of them and we'd be fine.

Like Hamer, Keillor-Dunn looks out of place alongside more technical players.  He brings a bit of speed to the attack but he's really poor on the ball.  That free-kick was one of the worst I've ever seen.  Grant has the ability but I don't think he's got the legs to last 90 mins, maybe he'll be useful as an impact player.  McAleny looked frustrated for a lot of it but showed his quality for the goal.  Similar to Rowe who I can't believe Kewell took off when we were chasing a goal late in the game!  Yes he was flagging a bit but he's our most instinctive and confident striker we've got, you don't replace him with a battling left sided midfielder when you're chasing a goal!

As for the subs, Blackwood looked OK and has the potential to be a decent option, but should be back up to the more experienced forward players for now.  Fage looks like a versatile squad option and for now I'd put him at right back instead of Hamer, Barnett put himself about a bit, not his fault that he was the wrong sub.

Kewell - replacing a goal-scoring forward with a left midfielder when chasing an equaliser was baffling.  Other than that he's walking a very fine line.  I don't think he'll have the time to put in place what he's trying to do and I think he's very naive to think that he will.  I wish him well but I think he won't last.

He needs a good CB next to him which at the moment we haven’t got...he’s a decent and committed defender but is a very limited footballer.

I think as you say with a couple of experienced additions we could have a decent side, whether Kewell Is given the funds and the time is another matter.

If results don’t improve over the next week or two I think the new academy coach will be next on the chopping block!!

**********ABDALLAH OUT**********

Archived