January Transfer Window

47 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

So you are still more than happy to question the fee but are unable to put a value on the player that would satisfy you.

Just the usual use any stick you can to beat the club with.

Natalie is no longer with us-for whatever reason, and we are in the midst of a global pandemic by the way. Plenty of money sloshing around the EFL is there?

Didn't the Cheltenham chairman say last week they were budgeted to lose a million this season?

🤣

We signed Adams.

We're paying Wheather north of £100k a year to train with the youths.

Good knows how much of Hilssner wage we're paying.

The owner has chucked money his entire tenure.

The fact Hamer has gone for buttons and the same as a 12 year old reflects badly on the owner. We should have got £75k for him and not left it so late in his contract, 0nad got rid of other deadwood first.

Dylan Fage is our longest serving player  at 18 monhs tells you everything.

But I'm not a cult member, so can criticise.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, singe said:

The fact Hamer has gone for buttons and the same as a 12 year old reflects badly on the owner. We should have got £75k for him and not left it so late in his contract, 0nad got rid of other deadwood first.

Dylan Fage is our longest serving player  at 18 monhs tells you everything.

But I'm not a cult member, so can criticise.

You only get what somebody is willing to pay when they want the player so there is no choice in getting rid earlier if nobody came in for him. Got a figure out of you eventually-pie in the sky.

For the rest I have no understanding of it.

12 hours ago, singe said:

The fact Hamer has gone for buttons and the same as a 12 year old reflects badly on the owner. We should have got £75k for him and not left it so late in his contract, 

We should have developed him properly with a consistent coaching structure. The money flushed away has been that spent on his development and that of dozens of others in the academy given none of them are knocking on the door of the first team. 

5 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Let’s have it right, hamer is garbage.
We’ve done well to get anything for him.

Hopefully McAleney and Dearnley will follow suite. Two grossly overrated players by our fans.

Bam, Baden, Adams and Hillsner only decent players we’ve got.

Would love to know how you've reached the conclusion that Badan is better than McAleny... 

9 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Would love to know how you've reached the conclusion that Badan is better than McAleny... 

Seems to be the way with Latics fans at the moment unfortunately. McAleny, 6th top scorer in the league with a 1 in 2 return. "Get rid". Bahamboula, one of the best players in the league and 2nd in the league for assists, "no end product". 

I'm not sure what quality of player people expect Oldham to attract really 

6 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

the same formula I used to tell everyone on here that pidge, hamer, whelan, Barnett, DKD and Dearnley were awful.

various posters on here tried giving them the benefit of the doubt because they are ‘young, hungry and British.

Anyone up for admitting the error of their ways?

1 minute ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Seems to be the way with Latics fans at the moment unfortunately. McAleny, 6th top scorer in the league with a 1 in 2 return. "Get rid". Bahamboula, one of the best players in the league and 2nd in the league for assists, "no end product". 

I'm not sure what quality of player people expect Oldham to attract really 

No criticism about Bam from me.

Mcaleny is anonymous for most of the 90 but he gets a consolation goal in the last minute  and he’s suddenly unsellable.

Rowe is/was the best striker in this league by a mile but because he was signed for a few quid and on a pretty hefty wage, he’s shit. 

1 hour ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Hopefully McAleney and Dearnley will follow suite. Two grossly overrated players by our fans.

Baden??? Based on what 3 games

1 hour ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Badan better than McAleny?

22 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Baden??? Based on what 3 games

It didn’t take that long.

12 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Badan better than McAleny?

Was Maldini better than figo? Obviously can’t compare but badan would be one of only four in the squad that id be disappointed with if we sold/sent back....only my opinion.

Just now, LightDN123 said:

Badan better than McAleny, you are entitled to your incorrect opinion. 

Dearnley also a great player for this level when fit. 

Can’t compare Baden to McAleny. I rate one, not the other. People may disagree.

Dearnley has shown nothing yet apart from raw pace. 

11 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Badan better than McAleny, you are entitled to your incorrect opinion. 

Dearnley also a great player for this level when fit. 

Scoring goals is the challenge.

Playing in a free flowing, cavalier style is in my mind a vital part of our tradition.

Scoring a boat load of goals also built the North Stand a few years back.

Having two genuinely gifted goal scorers is a great situation.

Two issues for me, firstly we dont give adequate service to Conor Mac, but still he manages to score freely. Second, Zach is clearly destined to play higher and thrive with better players around him, but is plagued with injuries.

Any suggestion that we should get rid of either doesn't make sense to me, who will replace them?

Badan did make a bright start, looks to be a good prospect. Would say the same for Jameson, then he had a poor game last time out. 

24 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Can’t compare Baden to McAleny. I rate one, not the other. People may disagree.

Dearnley has shown nothing yet apart from raw pace. 

You're right you can't compare a player who can't get into the worst defense in the league with our top scorer who has been the subject to a bid from other clubs in the division.

I see Mohamed Maouche career has gone from strength to strength since he left us. Care to admit you got it wrong on that one yet.

Just so you know I got it wrong with Bahamboula and hope we can tie him down to a long contract so we can give him cult status for years.

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

You're right you can't compare a player who can't get into the worst defense in the league with our top scorer who has been the subject to a bid from other clubs in the division.

I see Mohamed Maouche career has gone from strength to strength since he left us. Care to admit you got it wrong on that one yet.

Care to admit you was wrong about hamer?

‘But Brentford are interested...he must have something.’

Maouche would walk into this midfield. Even you can’t deny that!

Archived