Season Tickets 2021/22

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Chris15Arm said:

I've said it for years, whilst we are in the shadows of 2 of the biggest clubs in the world, we will never get the base for a successful club in the climate that football has become. Unless we get an owner with cash on the hip. But anyone with money will go for bigger clubs. So itd have to be someone crazy. Which would mean a fan revolt. Which would mean more mediocrity 

I don't think anyone expects us to be competing with United and City just that some common sense, thought and stability to be applied. That will take us alot further than many people realise.

We are about to finish our 3rd season in league 2 we will finish between 17th and 19th. Meanwhile at the top of the league Cheltenham Town and Cambridge will be fighting it out for the league title. Morecambe have a chance of automatic but will likely be in the play offs where they will likely face Newport Tranmere and Forrest Green.

The fact we are not competing with those clubs isn't mediocrity its abject failure. Mediocrity for us is sat 17th in league 1 (a place currently being occupied by Shrewsbury Town). I will accept that level mediocrity not this that we have now.

1 hour ago, Chris15Arm said:

I've said it for years, whilst we are in the shadows of 2 of the biggest clubs in the world, we will never get the base for a successful club in the climate that football has become. Unless we get an owner with cash on the hip. But anyone with money will go for bigger clubs. So itd have to be someone crazy. Which would mean a fan revolt. Which would mean more mediocrity 

"Bigger clubs". Like Salford, Harrogate, Forest Green Rovers... ?

3 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

"Bigger clubs". Like Salford, Harrogate, Forest Green Rovers... ?

Salford got lucky that a few local famous players wanted a vanity project. FGR dont have moneybags neighbours. Harrogate only have Leeds. My point is that if I was rich and I didnt support latics, no way would I spend any money on them because there's no way of us getting more than 10,000 fans a game even top end of league 1. Morecambe have got lucky in that a few players have come on, jus the same as people like dkd and whelan could come on next season and smash the league. Common sense owner is thin on the ground

1 minute ago, Chris15Arm said:

Salford got lucky that a few local famous players wanted a vanity project. FGR dont have moneybags neighbours. Harrogate only have Leeds. My point is that if I was rich and I didnt support latics, no way would I spend any money on them because there's no way of us getting more than 10,000 fans a game even top end of league 1. Morecambe have got lucky in that a few players have come on, jus the same as people like dkd and whelan could come on next season and smash the league. Common sense owner is thin on the ground

I don't disagree that there are a plethora of reasons not to buy Latics. I just think not being a big enough club isn't one of them.

10 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Potential owners look at the size of the town. With a population of nearly 250,000 we should be able to get 15,000 gates at least. We know it doesn't happen, but a possible owner might think with the right marketing and a winning team those gates could be possible. 

On 5/8/2021 at 7:14 AM, peanuts2 said:

Untill you see port vale have sold double that in a shorter time frame 

Theyve sold 1400 adult season tickets? A quick duckduck says theyve sold 1200 in total, so youve massively failed in whatever you were trying to achieve there??

Why are you just making shit up you weird cunt?

On 5/8/2021 at 3:31 PM, al_bro said:

Potential owners look at the size of the town. With a population of nearly 250,000 we should be able to get 15,000 gates at least. We know it doesn't happen, but a possible owner might think with the right marketing and a winning team those gates could be possible. 

Random AL type mathematics there 😂

On 5/8/2021 at 3:31 PM, al_bro said:

If I were a potential owner of a lower division I'd be looking at one that could build a new fanbase from a local area with not too much competition.  Forest Green, Harrogate, Fleetwood for example.

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

If I were a potential owner of a lower division I'd be looking at one that could build a new fanbase from a local area with not too much competition.  Forest Green, Harrogate, Fleetwood for example.

they would never get higher gates than we would if we were a winning team. Club is well set up, good ground, decent size town, good history. Plenty going for us which is why languishing in 18th in league 2 is really poor for us. Should be a division higher 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Unless sheep, cows and nice views are being considered as potential fanbase, I’d rule out Forest Green...

9 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

they would never get higher gates than we would if we were a winning team. Club is well set up, good ground, decent size town, good history. Plenty going for us which is why languishing in 18th in league 2 is really poor for us. Should be a division higher 

Maybe but we must have lost most of a generation of fans and that means most of the ones after that given that most of us go because we went with our Dads.  We never had the fanbase of Lancashire town clubs with richer histories than ours (Blackburn, Preston, Bolton, Blackpool) so to destroy much of what we did have really is a body blow.  

• 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Has anyone else got the uneasy  feeling this wont go according to plan.

Remember when they first moved to cards - the first game was hilarious in the main stand as the turnstiles were set to allow cards the wrong way round so everyone was getting errors trying to scan in - hilarious now - it wasn’t at the time 

18 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Has anyone else got the uneasy  feeling this wont go according to plan.

Not really tempting any stayaways at the minute even though full price adult ticket is only £10 per match.

We should have had 5000 season ticket holders at these prices - just shows what a complete mess ALMO have made.

18 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

We are now only 3 weeks away from our first home league game and still no news on the North Stand situation!

Its not happening is it?

Are you surprised? Can’t wait to take my Newcastle supporting exile and explaining why the best stand in the ground opposite is empty…

Archived