Relegation.

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/10/2022 at 9:27 PM, peanuts2 said:

you can also guarantee that MO is having zero input on the playing side at all which will make a massive difference 

That little input hes smoozing at old Trafford today they are welcome to him 

Just now, simplythemostimportantkick said:

7 draws in league two today. I think it will be a lower points tally to stay up this season. Shez will take care of our own business.. I won’t be worrying too much bout other teams results. We will piss it. 

walsall came out of today smelling of roses.

On 2/9/2022 at 5:13 PM, Dave_Og said:

I think people forget they are just people.  Hands up anyone who's never had a slack day at work.

I agree with this. Of course as fans we're right to demand 100% effort at all times, but just imagine turning out every week and not winning, in a struggling team with no confidence, and with 3-4,000 people on your back because of performances and results. It soon becomes a vicious circle. We all remember loving the game when we played it, but that was for fun. For these guys it's their livelihoods and the pressure can be nasty.

It was revealing that when Shez took over he said he might have to put his arm round some of the players (I'm sure he's done that AND torn them off a strip when needed). Suddenly, you win a game or two, you have a boss who knows what he's doing, the fans get behind you, and it all becomes fun again. Confidence is everything, and at the professional level so is a positive mental attitude.

2 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

I agree with this. Of course as fans we're right to demand 100% effort at all times, but just imagine turning out every week and not winning, in a struggling team with no confidence, and with 3-4,000 people on your back because of performances and results. It soon becomes a vicious circle. We all remember loving the game when we played it, but that was for fun. For these guys it's their livelihoods and the pressure can be nasty.

I found it quite profound on one of Wheaters podcasts the interviewer was saying there’s nothing better than playing football and Wheater replied 

“yeah but it’s never as good as when you aren’t getting paid for it” 

yes I know the money makes up for it but it still says a lot about a hobby becoming a job 

On 2/12/2022 at 6:25 PM, Wardie said:

walsall came out of today smelling of roses.

Can't help but think the appointment of Michael Flynn has made their survival more likely. Think its now us Carlisle Colchester and Barrow. Scunny already gone.

19 hours ago, astottie said:

Can't help but think the appointment of Michael Flynn has made their survival more likely. Think its now us Carlisle Colchester and Barrow. Scunny already gone.

Orient are making a late surge as well. One point from the last five games. Also Rochdale as stated by someone above, and Stevenage too. 

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

What do we think? 46 points for safety?  

That’s the average over last 5 seasons (left out 2019/20 for obviously). 

Some big games midweek when we annoyingly don't play. Colchester, Orient, Scunny, Dale, and Walsall all in action Tuesday night. 

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

What do we think? 46 points for safety?  

That’s the average over last 5 seasons (left out 2019/20 for obviously). 

46 may just make it....20 points from 17 games....sounds like a piece of piss🤞We just need to beat Colchester Carlisle Walsall and Orient and Stevenage before a savage run of games in April🙏

27 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Some big games midweek when we annoyingly don't play. Colchester, Orient, Scunny, Dale, and Walsall all in action Tuesday night. 

Games being called off, I expect there may be more.
Postponements

Maybe we should just concentrate on Bradford and not get ahead of ourselves as a lot can change in one day. There could be a few results this weekend which will not favour Latics. On saying that, hopefully Northampton, Swindon, Forest Green, Harrogate and Bristol Rovers all win and Scunny/Dale a draw or a Dale win, if a winner must be chosen.

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

Games being called off, I expect there may be more.
Postponements

Maybe we should just concentrate on Bradford and not get ahead of ourselves as a lot can change in one day. There could be a few results this weekend which will not favour Latics. On saying that, hopefully Northampton, Swindon, Forest Green, Harrogate and Bristol Rovers all win and Scunny/Dale a draw or a Dale win, if a winner must be chosen.

i agree. Although we desp could do with Carlisle having a terrible run along with scunny I think it’s important we concentrate on getting ourselves to a point a game ratio. Currently 26 from 29. Need to try and make sure we hit that min 46 point mark which could be enough. I’ll be a lot happier when we are averaging a point a game.

2 hours ago, Careca9 said:

i agree. Although we desp could do with Carlisle having a terrible run along with scunny I think it’s important we concentrate on getting ourselves to a point a game ratio. Currently 26 from 29. Need to try and make sure we hit that min 46 point mark which could be enough. I’ll be a lot happier when we are averaging a point a game.

Two points match under Shez. 

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

That’s a mightily optimistic prediction….you going for the playoffs?😂😂😂

Ha, All we did was beat Bradford and Colchester.

Today, Northampton should also beat Colchester, Carlisle Draw with Swindon, Exeter would have beaten Barrow, FGR should dick Walsall, Scunny and Dale draw. The only one I am not sure about is Stevenage this week. Bristol R looked good against us in parts and I have them to beat Stevenage, who I think are in a world of uncertainty.

As for the Midweek's I cannot see Scunny beating Northampton, nor Walsall beating Swindon. Colchester and Hartlepool to draw.

Next week has us beating Colchester and those around us are losing away from home against better sides.

Just a prediction.

Play offs? in the person I dream about's dreams lol

My Predictions: 
image.png.47d219fb3456eac1380207a76208ae61.png

Archived