Abdallahs latest act of cowardice

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

No it isn't, it's an insult. Who the hell are they to issue final written warnings to people behaving perfectly legally. This isn't a climbdown at all, it's just more staggering arrogance 

It’s still a climb down by the club in my view.

The club issue banning orders to three fans and then rescind them within three days.

This was due to the three fans making public the news of the bans and the concerted efforts of many others calling for the club to reverse the decision. The brief ‘campaign’ comprised of a petition and individuals contacting Steven Brown via email. The story was picked up by the media and given good coverage resulting in the club issuing the statement earlier today.

I do agree though that replacing the bans with a ‘final written warning’ is a further insult.

59 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Another resignation

Turns out the guy who was mediating between The Lemsagams and the 3 fans has tendered his resignation.

It also means we will need a safety officer come February.

I know Steve, great fella and latics fan. 

Didn't think he would have been to impressed with yesterdays debacle, and naming him in the letters may have been the last straw.

Latics reimagined as The Wheeltappers and Shunters Social Club.

Thank you, please ! By order of the committee, we've passed a resolution. You're unbarred. Alf, give them their cards back. But one more time and that's it, you're gone!

There's a thought. Exhume Colin Crompton and make him CEO. Reasonable daily rate, not extortionate. 

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

We need a safety officer otherwise we can't get the games played. But he's here until Feb is what I took from that.

This - the club needs a number of staff to host professional games.

For example a club doctor, but getting a doctor on a temporary basis is a well organised process with businesses coordinating it for a number of years. (I wouldn’t want to be trying to get a club doctor for the next few weeks though, so it’s a good job we’ve got 2, even if they haven’t completed training).

I presume such a service exists for safety people, but there can’t be that many suitably qualified people available at short notice. Our recruitment for the replacement will need to be well organised, and I think we all know the chances of that…

8 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

This - the club needs a number of staff to host professional games.

For example a club doctor, but getting a doctor on a temporary basis is a well organised process with businesses coordinating it for a number of years. (I wouldn’t want to be trying to get a club doctor for the next few weeks though, so it’s a good job we’ve got 2, even if they haven’t completed training).

I presume such a service exists for safety people, but there can’t be that many suitably qualified people available at short notice. Our recruitment for the replacement will need to be well organised, and I think we all know the chances of that…

There is meant to be a doctor available to advise at all times. I’m not sure how the 2 doctors are managing this as it looks like they both have full time jobs in the NHS as well. 

2 hours ago, Dickie Down said:

Latics reimagined as The Wheeltappers and Shunters Social Club.

Thank you, please ! By order of the committee, we've passed a resolution. You're unbarred. Alf, give them their cards back. But one more time and that's it, you're gone!

There's a thought. Exhume Colin Crompton and make him CEO. Reasonable daily rate, not extortionate. 

We are already down to a skeleton  staff

4 hours ago, peanuts2 said:

Just a thought can anybody imagine the Trusts responce had this whole shit show happend 12 months ago under the old board ?

'We note the banning of our allies and friends but do not feel it would be in the interests of the trust to comment or act until we meet with the Owner. We will be doing that on the sometime of the vaguember when he will be fleshing out his three year plan. Sit down please, don't rock the boat overrrrrrrr.'

1 hour ago, C.O.JONES said:

Might not have wanted to pay H.M. revenue & customs the £29 million they owe.

£83million the debt at Derby in total isn't it? 

Just looking at his twitter he is looking at buying a football club although having googled his net worth he doesn't appear to be that rich but perhaps he has other backers.

11 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Just looking at his twitter he is looking at buying a football club although having googled his net worth he doesn't appear to be that rich but perhaps he has other backers.

Or perhaps he's another charlatan ??

23 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

It’s still a climb down by the club in my view.

The club issue banning orders to three fans and then rescind them within three days.

This was due to the three fans making public the news of the bans and the concerted efforts of many others calling for the club to reverse the decision. The brief ‘campaign’ comprised of a petition and individuals contacting Steven Brown via email. The story was picked up by the media and given good coverage resulting in the club issuing the statement earlier today.

I do agree though that replacing the bans with a ‘final written warning’ is a further insult.

I think it may have been the Talksport debacle that made them drop the banning order. AL may not have been aware of the situation. It has Mo written all over it.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

They threw all that at tryin to get into the PL and failed.

On 12/23/2021 at 8:24 PM, Pidge said:

There is meant to be a doctor available to advise at all times. I’m not sure how the 2 doctors are managing this as it looks like they both have full time jobs in the NHS as well. 

Possibly. But the last 2 club doctors and the bloke who occasionally covered for Dr Kelso all had full time jobs in the NHS, they managed it. That being said European Working Time wasn’t always a thing and doctors weren’t required to have a full scope of practice appraisal either. 

Having 2 means it is more likely one will be free for advice. A full time job as a doctor in the NHS is 48 hours / week. That’s the equivalent of an extra day and a bit for most of us. 

Archived