Sheridan back

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

I love yesterday's headline in the Chron "Safety in sight for Oldham as Shezzerection catches fire" It's amazing how getting one letter wrong can make you look like a big old stiff, isn't it? 

And with a wood up front we would be guaranteed to score every game.

21 hours ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

I love yesterday's headline in the Chron "Safety in sight for Oldham as Shezzerection catches fire" It's amazing how getting one letter wrong can make you look like a big old stiff, isn't it? 

Without wanting to be pendantic (I love being pendantic) aren't they three letters out? If the portmanteau word consists of Shez and resurrection, shouldn't it be Shezzurrection? 

© Shaun Keaveny. 

41 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Without wanting to be pendantic (I love being pendantic) aren't they three letters out? If the portmanteau word consists of Shez and resurrection, shouldn't it be Shezzurrection? 

© Shaun Keaveny. 

Surely you simply take the word ‘Resurrection’, replace the first three letters ‘Res’ with ‘Shez’ and Bob’s your relative 😃

Shezurrection!

1 hour ago, Magic Mikey said:

© Shaun Keaveny. 

56 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Surely you simply take the word ‘Resurrection’, replace the first three letters ‘Res’ with ‘Shez’ and Bob’s your relative 😃

Shezurrection!

Pedant outbid by super-pedant.

2 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

© Shaun Keaveny. 

What's pendantic? Don't keep us dangling... 

7 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

What's pendantic? Don't keep us dangling... 

Shaun Keaveny used to have a feature on 6Music where listeners sent in items of pedantry. He called it pendants corner. Every now and then he'd read a message out along the lines of: "I think you'll find the word is pedant....." 

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Shezurrection!

That's the badger. I've had a nightmare with autocorrect this morning. 

Playing on Steve Wright - feels a proper fit at the moment:

One Love! One Heart!
Let's get together and feel all right.
Hear the children cryin' (One Love!);
Hear the children cryin' (One Heart!),
Sayin': give thanks and praise to the Lord and I will feel all right;
Sayin': let's get together and feel all right. Wo wo-wo wo-wo!

17 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Playing on Steve Wright - feels a proper fit at the moment:

One Love! One Heart!
Let's get together and feel all right.
Hear the children cryin' (One Love!);
Hear the children cryin' (One Heart!),
Sayin': give thanks and praise to the Lord and I will feel all right;
Sayin': let's get together and feel all right. Wo wo-wo wo-wo!

Honestly? a crap song and Steve Wright, pull yourself together!

Saw a tweet Sunday morning of a video of Shez walking into a room full of vociferous supporters raising the roof in adulation of him and his presence.

Guessing either a pre-arranged Q&A forum or the sponsors / corporate after match gathering.

Plenty of beer on the tables and Hulk Hogan seemed ready to compere.

Anyone know what the event was please?

27 minutes ago, hollandspies said:

Saw a tweet Sunday morning of a video of Shez walking into a room full of vociferous supporters raising the roof in adulation of him and his presence.

Guessing either a pre-arranged Q&A forum or the sponsors / corporate after match gathering.

He was at Heyside Cricket club on Friday and Saturday with Darren.

7 hours ago, hollandspies said:

It was a night with him and little shez. It was arranged before he cane back

• 2 months later...
Just now, LightDN123 said:

Not sure how this leaves us fans. 

For me, it wasn't just indefinite unconditional support for Shez. It was about league survival. That's gone now, so protests and boycotts should be full steam ahead.

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

For me, it wasn't just indefinite unconditional support for Shez. It was about league survival. That's gone now, so protests and boycotts should be full steam ahead.

Oh yes. 

It's still great news, though. He can keep things ticking over on the football front while the takeover happens. Then we've got Shez with new owners. 

He knows the boycott and protests aren't against him and we'll be right behind him in spirit and then in body once the clowns have fucked off.

Archived