Unsworth

Just now, oafc1955 said:

Give over man!!! I’m far from happy myself but to expect a win against the best team in the league and if not say his current employment should be terminated is just plain silly….you may as well just sack him now!!

I wish they would and Ive been in the give him time camp

I didnt expect to win yesterday, and yes I didnt watch it but listened to two BBC commentators take the piss out of us for 90 minutes, have seen 4 appalling goals conceded and then...

Watched the manager blame fucking rats!!!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

From our almost 40 man squad can anyone name a team who would all bust a gut playing in the game against Notts County at BP?

Surely that’s the job of the manager. To get players in the office, point out that his need is for players with the pride to show us how good they are. To have the heart to work harder when we aren’t doing well, and who want the opportunity to play regularly in the first team and resurrect their careers which are rapidly disappearing down the toilet. 

The rest should be sent to go get a physical job that won’t tax their brains to much.

3 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Give over man!!! I’m far from happy myself but to expect a win against the best team in the league and if not say his current employment should be terminated is just plain silly….you may as well just sack him now!!

Yep the result against notts isn’t really the main thing. He does however need to start getting performances out. Any side can lose but they have to look competitive, run, tackle, create chances. None of which happen under DU. Can accept a loss next up but they should run notts close or if they set up defensively they can’t be letting more than 1 in a half 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

Yep the result against notts isn’t really the main thing. He does however need to start getting performances out. Any side can lose but they have to look competitive, run, tackle, create chances. None of which happen under DU. Can accept a loss next up but they should run notts close or if they set up defensively they can’t be letting more than 1 in a half 

I couldn't care who we're playing against, what you've listed there are the basic requirements of being a so called professional 

Forget showing too much respect to any other side in this pisspot of a league and go for it, be brave and go toe to toe,

That's what all our fan's should be seeing by now

• Like 1

I've been in the give DU more time camp as I'm fed up of the revolving managerial door of the last few years. But the return game at Boundary Park v Notts County has to see a vastly improved performance, or he has to go for me. If we lose we lose, but do so fighting to the end and showing some spirit - that is the least to be expected.

I'm hugely grateful to the Rothwells for everything they've done off the pitch. They have saved the club. Unfortunately under DU it's again becoming a club I can't identify with - his tactics are puzzling or non-existent, he seems incapable of motivating the players or influencing the course of a game, his team is largely boring (and rubbish) to watch, and he accepts little or no responsibility. New Year's Day is the last chance saloon. I didn't expect an instant return to L2 after the disasters under ALMOBO, but I did expect consolidation and signs of progress on the pitch. We are getting neither under DU.

Edited by Worcester Owl
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 12/27/2022 at 7:21 PM, mcfluff1985 said:

I don't think he would have but we'll never know. We were as poor under him performance wise

Utter nonsense. I posted the comparative stats after they had both managed 9 league games each this season. Unsworth's were inferior to Shez's - and extrapolated over a season, Unsworth was guaranteed relegation - and Shez just below mid table from memory. 

Unsworth's since had shedloads of money and numerous changes he wanted - and his stats remain utterly abysmal - the man's a joke.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Utter nonsense. I posted the comparative stats after they had both managed 9 league games each this season. Unsworth's were inferior to Shez's - and extrapolated over a season, Unsworth was guaranteed relegation - and Shez just below mid table from memory. 

Unsworth's since had shedloads of money and numerous changes he wanted - and his stats remain utterly abysmal - the man's a joke.

Don't even bring Shez into it....again! Not nonesense. 2 lucky 3 2 wins and performances no better than under Unsworth.

He was finished and the right decision was made to call it a day.

However DU appears not to be the right man and so it's probably time to reluctantly make the change.

Let's not get sidetracked here.

If he goes we need to get the right man in....not an easy thing to do in the current circumstances.....

I didn’t expect to win at Meadow Lane and didn’t expect Unsworth’s job to be on the line if we lost, however, the manner of the defeat was absolutely shocking.

I’m really hoping that the result can be reversed on Sunday but realistically speaking there isn’t a cat in hells chance. Their top scorer could also return to the side which would make our task even harder!

A draw or narrow defeat with a much improved showing would probably be enough for me but do we think that another shit show and a similar result could be the end of the line for Unsworth?

15 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I didn’t expect to win at Meadow Lane and didn’t expect Unsworth’s job to be on the line if we lost, however, the manner of the defeat was absolutely shocking.

I’m really hoping that the result can be reversed on Sunday but realistically speaking there isn’t a cat in hells chance. Their top scorer could also return to the side which would make our task even harder!

A draw or narrow defeat with a much improved showing would probably be enough for me but do we think that another shit show and a similar result could be the end of the line for Unsworth?

I'd love to know what's going through Franks's mind right now. He's obviously a shrewd bloke and he knows we are shit and he knows if we carry on at this rate we will be relegated. He can also see that the players are just not putting in the effort. I can't believe he will let this continue beyond the new year.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, redlion said:

I'd love to know what's going through Franks's mind right now. He's obviously a shrewd bloke and he knows we are shit and he knows if we carry on at this rate we will be relegated. He can also see that the players are just not putting in the effort. I can't believe he will let this continue beyond the new year.

He's been blindsided like the rest of us, but for him, it's also emptying his bank account as well.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wiseowl said:

I was talking about performance, not results. With the performances we saw under Shez I reckon his results may have averaged out around the same shitness as DU.

But, like i said, we'll never know. Basing it on how poorly we played and last season

16 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

the return game at Boundary Park v Notts County has to see a vastly improved performance, or he has to go for me. If we lose we lose, but do so fighting to the end and showing some spirit - that is the least to be expected.

his team is largely boring (and rubbish) to watch, and he accepts little or no responsibility. 

10 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

This says it all for me. I can accept losing to the league leaders, I cannot accept another poor performance from players and manager.

We lose this one and Unsworth will go to Dorking with a points total of 9 from 42.

Lose at Dorking as well and he will be sacked.

Don’t think in the 54 years I have been watching Latics, that I ever wanted them to lose.

lose the next two and hopefully we will have enough time to get some one in who can resurrect the season and keep us in this league.

I am sure we all wanted Unsworth to succeed but it’s plain as day that he is not up to it.

the longer he stays, the harder it will be to get someone in ……..

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

This says it all for me. I can accept losing to the league leaders, I cannot accept another poor performance from players and manager.

We lose this one and Unsworth will go to Dorking with a points total of 9 from 42.

Lose at Dorking as well and he will be sacked.

We will lose again to Notts at home, nothing will change in a week because nothing has changed in the last 3 months with him in charge other than we are even worse. I agree re the Dorking game, lose or even draw there and theyve no choice but to let him go surely 

6 minutes ago, JohnG123 said:

Don’t think in the 54 years I have been watching Latics, that I ever wanted them to lose.

lose the next two and hopefully we will have enough time to get some one in who can resurrect the season and keep us in this league.

I am sure we all wanted Unsworth to succeed but it’s plain as day that he is not up to it.

the longer he stays, the harder it will be to get someone in ……..

next time somebody wants to type 'No Latics fan ever wants us to lose' remember this post

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, True Tic said:

We will lose again to Notts at home, nothing will change in a week because nothing has changed in the last 3 months with him in charge other than we are even worse. I agree re the Dorking game, lose or even draw there and theyve no choice but to let him go surely 

he’s just not up to it and then someone put on here his u-23’s were close to relegation and had same performance / formation issues shows it’s unlikely to change. Worse case is they get a draw with a better performance in next two and we hold hoping again he has turned a corner. I think another hammering could be best result all round 

To me, he has to get at least 6 points from the 3 games post NYD. One of those probably has to be a win against Dorking otherwise its 3 defeats in a row and could be the end of him. If he is going to turn it around, it has to be in the next 5 games, otherwise it will be too late to recover. 

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I was talking about performance, not results. With the performances we saw under Shez I reckon his results may have averaged out around the same shitness as DU.

But, like i said, we'll never know. Basing it on how poorly we played and last season

But you'd imagine Shez wouldn't have spunked all that money, or let anyone else spunk it, on such poor players as Unsworth has..... 

We'll never know 

19 minutes ago, BJBlue said:

To me, he has to get at least 6 points from the 3 games post NYD. One of those probably has to be a win against Dorking otherwise its 3 defeats in a row and could be the end of him. If he is going to turn it around, it has to be in the next 5 games, otherwise it will be too late to recover. 

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

But you'd imagine Shez wouldn't have spunked all that money, or let anyone else spunk it, on such poor players as Unsworth has..... 

We'll never know 

All his permanent signings have been fine so far, it is the ones who Sheri lumbered us with who are the problem...