4 hours ago, League one forever said:

All this talk of stability. . Surely it only comes when the board and to lesser extent the fans think the manager is doing a good job? 

I think the majority think he’s either doing ok, or shows potential but needs to improve. Why then would you want stability for the manager to prove he’s ok? Haven’t we done ok to death? 

Is it wrong to want success/ or the genuine hope of success relatively quickly? 

Can anybody honeslty say they are willing to wait 3/4 seasons for a promotion push? Especially when us and Ipswich are least successful clubs of the last 15/20 years. 

No wonder we get impatient.

If the only barometer for 'success' is promotion then you are going to be disappointed many more times than not.

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

All this talk of stability. . Surely it only comes when the board and to lesser extent the fans think the manager is doing a good job? 

I think the majority think he’s either doing ok, or shows potential but needs to improve. Why then would you want stability for the manager to prove he’s ok? Haven’t we done ok to death? 

Is it wrong to want success/ or the genuine hope of success relatively quickly? 

Can anybody honeslty say they are willing to wait 3/4 seasons for a promotion push? Especially when us and Ipswich are least successful clubs of the last 15/20 years. 

No wonder we get impatient.

I can wait 3-4 seasons if thats what it takes aslong as we get there.

Dont get me wrong Id love a promotion push as soon as, but If the price of getting a promotion is us fans waiting 3-4 years for it it to happen so be it, its a very small price to pay.

9 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I can wait 3-4 seasons if thats what it takes aslong as we get there.

Dont get me wrong Id love a promotion push as soon as, but If the price of getting a promotion is us fans waiting 3-4 years for it it to happen so be it, its a very small price to pay.

What division will we be getting promoted out of?

1 hour ago, opinions4u said:

What division will we be getting promoted out of?

Well I was reffering to league 1 and us having to wait until 2022 to be a championship club :)

Ofcourse we could go down this season smash league 2 next and then get enough forward momentum to get a double promotion if thats the case so be it but aslong as we move forward.

On 12 April 2018 at 7:27 PM, Buckshawlatic said:

From what I understand he does own the stands (apart from the North) as they are part of the club. What he doesn’t own is the land they are built on. Maybe someone from the trust could clarify? 

Hello buck shaw...unless something has drastically changes in the last few weeks.

Al owns the club in name only,  as that's is what Corney only owned and had 97% shares in. The selling of the shares was subject to approval from our landlords brass bank who do own ground and all buildings and any other debentures that were in place

sometimes this stuff goes wayyyyyyy over my head and if it has changed, I'm sure one of the other Trust chaps will correct me

Let's just get through this season fingers crossed we will stay up yet again a awfull season only good thing the takeover new owner now. Who knows how much the spending budget on new players will be in early summer it could be most we have ever had ! There could be new board members with investment too ? Let's just hope wellens keeps us up then properly stamps his own thoughts and players he wants. Just 3 points today please !

50 minutes ago, underdog said:

Hello buck shaw...unless something has drastically changes in the last few weeks.

Al owns the club in name only,  as that's is what Corney only owned and had 97% shares in. The selling of the shares was subject to approval from our landlords brass bank who do own ground and all buildings and any other debentures that were in place

sometimes this stuff goes wayyyyyyy over my head and if it has changed, I'm sure one of the other Trust chaps will correct me

I hate those three bastards (Corney less so) more and more with each day 

36 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

I hate those three bastards (Corney less so) more and more with each day 

I think it's harsh for us to judge all as we don't know the circumstances of how they wanted to set off, together, how it progress/ de gressed if that's a word,  to how it ended up.

i beleive all had good intentions but its hard to keep throwing money at something for very little return and it's a business at the end of the day. At some point you must think enough, two had enough but kept us going with securities against the club, the land and eventually against Corneys shares as that's all he had left  to negotiate with/securities against and I belive kept us going when corney had nothing left. (bar the LED Media company set up 12 months ago witht perimeter boards ).

I'll  give Corney his due....He introduced Al to our club and Al  became hooked but it's time for him to accept  that his time is up, to  honour the request for his resignation and move on.

Edited by underdog

32 minutes ago, underdog said:

I think it's harsh for us to judge all as we don't know the circumstances of how they wanted to set off, together, how it progress/ de gressed if that's a word,  to how it ended up.

i beleive all had good intentions but its hard to keep throwing money at something for very little return and it's a business at the end of the day. At some point you must think enough, two had enough but kept us going with securities against the club, the land and eventually against Corneys shares as that's all he had left  to negotiate with/securities against and I belive kept us going when corney had nothing left. (bar the LED Media company set up 12 months ago witht perimeter boards ).

I'll  give Corney his due....He introduced Al to our club and Al  became hooked but it's time for him to accept  that his time is up, to  honour the request for his resignation and move on.

I really couldn’t care less what their original intentions where - if Oldham Athletic Football club is really now only a name and nothing else they can all jump off a cliff for me 

I like RW but not sure he really knows what he is doing....just lack of experience really I guess.

He hasn't worked out his best team and tactics and hasn't got the best out of some fairly talented players....not helped by their individual failings but he has a decent sized squad and I can't help but feel that he could and should have got us into a better position than we are

Under Shez i never thought we'd go down as he knew how to organise and motivate, not sure RW does and in the end it could be what costs us. I'm not convinced the new owner has any real money and I am very worried that if we do go down then things could start to unravel pretty quickly.

As always though, we have to stick behind the lads for the remaining games

Edited by Ritchierich

6 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

I like RW but not sure he really knows what he is doing....just lack of experience really I guess.

He hasn't worked out his best team and tactics and hasn't got the best out of some fairly talented players....not helped by their individual failings but he has a decent sized squad and I can't help but feel that he could and should have got us into a better position than we are

Under Shez i never thought we'd go down as he knew how to organise and motivate, not sure RW does and in the end it could be what costs us. I'm not convinced the new owner has any real money and I am very worried that if we do go down then things could start to unravel pretty quickly.

As always though, we have to stick behind the lads for the remaining games

Its because of Shez that we might go down. Wellens has provided a minor miracle in giving us the chance to stay up being in our own hands. Admittedly, if we do go down from this position Id be shocked if he remained in a job.

3 hours ago, youngen said:

Its because of Shez that we might go down. Wellens has provided a minor miracle in giving us the chance to stay up being in our own hands. Admittedly, if we do go down from this position Id be shocked if he remained in a job.

I don't think it was all Shez as RW has had enough games to save us, and still might. Obviously, it made it much mroe difficult.

Shez had 1W 1D & 7D in his 9 L1 games 0.44  pts per game or 28 points for a full season. F12 A23for a season F61 A117 ! So not sure about Shez & defence!

Wellens has 31 W 10 D11 L 10 in his 31 games 1.32 ppg,  61 pts per season. F54 A52 Season adjusted F80 A77.

Our defence has cost us rather than just Shez on his won IMHO. And RW has been bang average so far. But that could be viewed as a minor miracle, but I think he's done better. whether he could do it on a full season with more of his own players is the million dollar question, Shez couldn't.

1 hour ago, ChrisA said:

Did Shez have his own players? 

"more"

Anyway, by my reckoning Shez signed the majority of his team and part of his downfall was playing Wilson & Ruddy instead of Placide.

He's an excellent manager and a true hero to OAFC, but he should have got more than 1 win and 1 draw from the 1st 9 no matter what was going on.

FWIW, I hope that RW keeps us up and gets a real go next season, but I won't wailing if he doesn't get that chance.

Wellens can go for me. Tactically inept. His team is the softest I have seen in the shirt. No fight no endeavour. Don even think we had a shot on target. 
One of the best strikers we have had in years with the ball at his feet and he plays the high ball up to him all game. 
Seriously doubt we have it in us to pull through these next 4 games. Dale will stay up so we have to better one of the teams above us and I can't see it. 

For probably the best ball playing midfielder we have had in the last 20 years he refuses to play the football Byrne and Doyle are capable of.

And this isn' a knee jerk reaction to a poor performance. We have won 1 in 8 and disregarding his supurb honeymoon period we would probably be down with bury at the bottom. 

His signings are questionable as well

• Like 1