6 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

You can guarantee that on whatever day Chelsea play, we won't. The two grounds are only a goal kick apart.

I'm not convinced Chelsea v Nottingham Forest is a big TV attraction so, if they have the 3pm Saturday kick off, I can see us playing on the Friday night/Sunday/Monday night. In which case, TV dosh is a possibility.

Obviously, I'll have got all that wrong, so it's now bound to be Saturday afternoon.

I'm fine with the draw though and I've never been to Craven Cottage, so it's odds on I'll be there. Happy days.

Chelsea play Palace on Sunday 30th December & Southampton on Wed 2nd Jan.

They could ask for Sunday for another day of rest. Otherwise it's 3 games in 7 days. 

Fulham & Latics play 29th & 1st Jan.

22 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

If memory serves me right I saw Ray Treacy make his debut for us at Fulham in 74/5 

Underwhelmed ...he lasted 3 matches on loan.

You made me look him up Pete. Was he a big name at PNE at the time we got him on loan then? He scored 1 in those 3 matches and went onto West Brom afterwards.

Big named signing/loanees that underwhelmed. Did Mike Fillery come on loan before we signed him? He underwhelmed.

Asa Hartford was another big name that underwhelmed, but was at the end of his career. I think he came from Stockport after his stellar career with City, Everton & Scotland.

Martin Buchan was before my time, but I assume he underwhelmed?

Edited by lookersstandandy

3 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

You made me look him up Pete. Was he a big name at PNE at the time we got him on loan then? He scored 1 in those 3 matches and went onto West Brom afterwards.

Big named loanees that underwhelmed. Did Mike Fillery come on loan before we signed him? He underwhelmed.

Can we please get the facts right on Mike Fillery, I was at the Hull away game when we drew 2.2 when Leigh Palin made one of the worst tackles  I've seen on Fillery in the first 15 minutes of the game. That tackle ended his career, he never played again......

Edited by Lukers1

5 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

Can we please get the facts right on Mike Fillery, I was at the Hull away game when we drew 2.2 when Leigh Palin made one of the worst tackles  I've seen on Fillery in the first 15 minutes of the game. That tackle ended his career, he never played again......

Is that the game that Henry & Redfearn scored in 90/91? If so I was at the same game and don’t recall it, not that I’m doubting you. Either way.... in his short spel, he’d still underwhelmed hadn’t he?

Edited by lookersstandandy

11 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Just cannot see us taking large numbers to this one. 850-900 would be decent I reckon.

I'd be amazed if more people wouldn't fancy a slice of an FA Cup third round to a Prem team in London when we regularly take half that to places like Peterborough

Don't understand the negativity with this draw. So many fans now only seem bothered about the club earning money than having a decent experience themselves at a good away day. It's odd.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Is that the game that Henry & Redfearn scored in 90/91? If so I was at the same game and don’t recall it, not that I’m doubting you. Either way.... in his shirt spell up to that point, he’s still underwhelmed hadn’t he?

That's right, we came from 2.0 down with Redders equalising right at the end. Yeah, the tackle was in front of the dugouts, stamped down his knee, wasnt even a 50/50 he had just controlled the ball. I was in the Hull stand with my dad,  remember my dad saying it's one of the worst he had seen. How can he underwhelm if it was his first couple of games and recieved a career ending tackle???

Edited by Lukers1

1 minute ago, Lukers1 said:

That's right, we came from 2.0 down with Redders equalising right at the end. Yeah, the tackle was in front of the dugouts, stamped down his knee, wasnt even a 50/50 he had just controlled the ball. I was in the Hull stand with my dad,  remember my dad saying it's one of the worst he had seen.

I assume he didn’t get sent off?

Here’s the equaliser....

34 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Big named signing/loanees that underwhelmed. Did Mike Fillery come on loan before we signed him? He underwhelmed.

Asa Hartford was another big name that underwhelmed, but was at the end of his career. I think he came from Stockport after his stellar career with City, Everton & Scotland.

Buchan was actually a very steady classy player as BigDog says. Not the paciest but a good signing. 

Fillery had played well against us on more than one occasion and it looked an astute purchase - only for a clogger at Hull to do him. 

I think Treacy had been injured with Preston and hadn’t got back into their team before he came to us. Lightweight . 

Newcastle /Blackburn, the Alan Shearer Derby, likewise re David Pleat for Wednesday /Luton. The Spurs and Arsenal gamss probably nailed on and obviously United although it's only a couple of years since they played Reading. Accrington is a hood chance of an upset with a back story and the two non league sides already through are obvious candidates. I'd lean towards the chances of it being shown as being closer to none than slim. 

Spurs and Arsenal are definites for TV.  Woking v Watford will be another one.  Leicester at Wrexham or Newport will be ahead of our game.  Man Utd, City and Chelsea will always be in the running, even if their fixtures don't merit it.

I think we'll just miss out in terms of live coverage.

Martin Buchan underwhelmed me, as a young lad at the time mainly because he played so few games for us. In my mind, I'd hoped we'd get quite a few seasons out of him, but of course later on you realise he was struggling with his injuries and age.

I also associate him with us struggling in the lower end of the table, whereas I expected him to lead us to promotion!! Probably single handlely! Knowing he was a class player of course.

Edited by singe

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

Is that the game that Henry & Redfearn scored in 90/91? If so I was at the same game and don’t recall it, not that I’m doubting you. Either way.... in his short spel, he’d still underwhelmed hadn’t he?

We had just signed Jobson from them if I recall right. The Hull fans gave him a great reception. 

48 minutes ago, League one forever said:

If the remit is still to follow the small clubs. I can only see two better games than us. Palace v Grimsby is on a par with us. 

Having said that we’ve already been shown, so I accept it’s doubtful. 

The remit will be what it always is. Show United, big teams against each other and then small teams at home to big teams.

No way we'll be on.

2 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Asa Hartford probably underwhelmed due to his (slightly) well-documented health problems- he had a hole in his heart which went undiagnosed for too long considering it could have killed him.

Was Martin Buchan captain at one point as my Dad tells a story of getting a lift back from Salford Hospital with Martin Buchan due to one of our players getting knocked out, think it was Tony Henry.