MATCH: vs Harrogate Town AFC (H) 26.12.20

16 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

All the hard work of Newport, Exeter, Cambridge just gets instantly undone. What's to say another manager couldn't get both wheels working? 

Disagree KIG, Kewell has a better win ratio than our recent crop of managers.

Need to bite the bullet instead of giving it for a change.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, L1onheartNew said:

Disagree KIG, Kewell has a better win ratio than our recent crop of managers.

Need to bite the bullet instead of giving it for a change.

We should probably start looking at next season then. Unless we sign 3 new midfielders we're finishing 15th-16th

I don't think we've been outplayed from start to finish this season like we were today.  Harrogate haven't got the best players that we've played against (although Thomson's finishes were very good) but worked so well as a team that they were so much better than us with 11 men.  For us to shoot ourselves in the foot on many occasions only compounded the misery.  Grant was an idiot, Kewell seemed to be resting our best players for Tuesday at the expense of getting a point today (hope it works but not convinced), sooo many missed passes...!!

We were so bad today and I can't believe how our home and away form is quite so Jeckyl and Hyde.

16 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

All the hard work of Newport, Exeter, Cambridge just gets instantly undone. What's to say another manager couldn't get both wheels working? 

I'd happily give him the rest of the season minimum the key is going to be who we bring in in January 2 decent defenders and 2 decent midfielders we can push on.

Personally I think we pay far too much attention managers tactics recruitment matters far more.

2 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

We should probably start looking at next season then. Unless we sign 3 new midfielders we're finishing 15th-16th

Fair point. 

DKD has been truly woeful this year and whilst he hasnt set the world on fire of late, he has improved. 

It is like one out of the three or four takes it in turn to have an ok game, but never two of them (with the exception of Newport, DKD and Alfie). Alfie was non existent today, but DKD was still better out of all the mids. Whilst its great for DKD, it concerns me greatly.

17 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

I dont think anyone can point the finger at defence or midfield solely today. Apart from bahamboula not a single person comes out of that with anythin. 

Agree that Bahamboula was the star man. A bit harsh on Lawlor and perhaps Piergianni.

Defence: poor games from CBJ, Clarke and Jombati

Midfield: poor games from Ntambwe, DKD and McCalmont

Attack: Poor games from McAleny and Grant

Five subs: Fage, Barnett, Whelan, Garrity & Dearnley all had little or no impact.

In a nutshell there were far too many who had off games today - and we were fortunate to only concede two.

Next two are away from home before we return to BP to play Bournemouth in the FA Cup...👀

In a nutshell there were far too many who had off games today

How many times have we said the same..... It is unbelievable that we can manage to win so many away games whilst looking so totally clueless and staggeringly inept in our home games.

22 minutes ago, steveecky said:

Please, please, please send Garrity back in January. It’s like giving the opposition an extra man with his passing to them. There must be someone in the world of football that would be an upgrade.

Harrogate managed to find a few.

30 minutes ago, steveecky said:

Please, please, please send Garrity back in January. It’s like giving the opposition an extra man with his passing to them. There must be someone in the world of football that would be an upgrade.

My grandad is available, he’s 84, bad hip and a heart condition but he played on BP in his life so he knows the pitch 🤣

45 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Massive over reaction. We were a few points off the play offs when we went 1 up. We are still on track for a great season, considering how we started. Cheer up our away form will keep us in the hunt. A few signings and we sort the home form out.

Great season :D

We're in League 2! Automatically disqualifies us from having a great season.

2 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

CBJ is one of many players we have that are, at best, National league standard. It's fascinating watching the Class of 92 series where Neville decides to get rid of Pidge because he doesn't think he is League 2 standard 😕

Cameron was such a prospect and played very well in the games he started under LVG. as soon a Mourinho sent him out on loan to Wolves  - in my opinion at least - he never looked the same. The lad is United through and through, and has never been the same since. It devastated him, it's such a shame.

Realistically we are not one of the leagues big hitters so it is a case of getting the 20 odd more points needed to ensure league status and then seeing how the land lies in the summer.

You'd think that folk would know by now that average players produce average performances but apparently not...

2 hours ago, JoeP said:

With all due respect to them, we should be beating Harrogate..

they have been together for a few years abs presumably much more solid behind the scenes. Why should we be beating them? Our manager is in his first season and all his team have been signed by someone else. 

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I'd happily give him the rest of the season minimum the key is going to be who we bring in in January 2 decent defenders and 2 decent midfielders we can push on.

Personally I think we pay far too much attention managers tactics recruitment matters far more.

why can we win away and not win at home then?? Is that down to recruitment also? 

9 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

why can we win away and not win at home then?? Is that down to recruitment also? 

Are we making a bigger deal of it than it needs to be? Especially given no fans in ground? I doubt there would be as much fuss being made if the record was the other way round.

Archived