37 minutes ago, underdog said:

I am sensing an I am Sparticus moment again, can't remember the name of the OWTB poster that B/O was trying to find a few seasons ago. Memory is shot who were they? Don't think they post on here anymore either

I was thinking more life of Brian.

Think the incident you were referring to was Barry trying to findout who Harry Bosch was.

I believe Neil Joy lives around Glossop although I've never seen him he's also an accountant that's where the similarities between me and him end.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW the club aren't 100% in the wrong. Mostly, but it does sound like they literally push the boundaries (for want of a better term) of the legalities of how they go about business.  However you have to hand it to them how good they are at sinking to such depraved levels of shithousery. The incident about making him travel knowing he wouldn't play and only giving him a medium kit is as conniving as you'll find anywhere. 

You have to wonder whether the money they no doubt plough into solicitor fees to operate as they do outweighs running the club in a prudent, yet proper manner don't you? More than happy to keep an unhappy player on their books for his entire registration rather than come to a deal where both parties are happy. Same goes for the alienation of one of the most hardiest, loyal fanbases in the football league. They simply love throwing revenue and money down the drain in order to keep a few egos bubbling along.

As for Wheater, you have to suspect the wisdom in the agent and/or legal team who advises him? A full year is a long time to be out of the game. I'm sure his bills need paying and all that but surely cutting and running and then immediately picking up a contract with another club would have been the best option? Someone in our league or higher would've snapped him up at the start of last season. Comically bad on all sides if you ask me but a fine episode for the popcorn eating fans amongst us.

10 hours ago, Barryowen said:

When you were CEO at the club Neil( GlossopLatic) are you saying there were never any circumstances when you did not keep hold of registrations until it suited the club to release.

I have watched your sometimes obscene attacks on the club and individuals recently, but many will not realise you were part of a system that has many questions to answer before this ownership came on the scene.

That second paragraph is so hilariously ironic that you can't possibly be the real Barry Owen.

27 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Think the incident you were referring to was Barry trying to findout who Harry Bosch was.

I believe Neil Joy lives around Glossop although I've never seen him he's also an accountant that's where the similarities between me and him end.

So it was...it was Harry. thanks Glossop

The club did nothing illegal in putting the players on furlough. In fact most clubs did the same, but how many other clubs caused such disruption? Has anyone heard of another club treating players who wanted what they had been promised (a top up) the same way OAFC did?

Wheater being forced to train with the youths and told to play in a kit that didn't fit, is surely bullying and I'm surprised his agent or the PFA didn't do something about it.

The pure hypocrisy of AL wanting an amicable resolution. Asking DW if he would come back as manager when attempting to pay him off. They also wanted him to sign an NDA, I wonder why!!

2 hours ago, al_bro said:

The club did nothing illegal in putting the players on furlough. In fact most clubs did the same, but how many other clubs caused such disruption? Has anyone heard of another club treating players who wanted what they had been promised (a top up) the same way OAFC did?

Wheater being forced to train with the youths and told to play in a kit that didn't fit, is surely bullying and I'm surprised his agent or the PFA didn't do something about it.

The pure hypocrisy of AL wanting an amicable resolution. Asking DW if he would come back as manager when attempting to pay him off. They also wanted him to sign an NDA, I wonder why!!

This is it for me. 

The original dispute I can understand why the club took umbrage when they had no money coming in an unprecedented situation.  However people disagree all the time, and the Inability to find a professional resolution and what followed was a total disgrace. 

20 hours ago, Barryowen said:

When you were CEO at the club Neil( GlossopLatic) are you saying there were never any circumstances when you did not keep hold of registrations until it suited the club to release.

I have watched your sometimes obscene attacks on the club and individuals recently, but many will not realise you were part of a system that has many questions to answer before this ownership came on the scene.

If you really are Barry Owen please read the bits in bold and have a word with yourself 

then again it’s exactly the lack of self awareness I’d expect of you

Hows the big investigation going? 

24 minutes ago, Barryowen said:

Why are you so sure this poster is Neil Joy when he denies it?  I have no idea whether he is or isn't.

7 hours ago, Barryowen said:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Their aren't enough laughing emojis for this assumption that I'm Neil Joy

But if you are Barry Owen perhaps you would like to give us you're thoughts on what Wheater said in his interview bear in mind this happened while you were on the board of directors?

If you were BO and came on here with your real name, that would mean you really wanted people to know that is true. You would be happy to admit you were BO and even prove it.

Otherwise you have got to be a wind up merchant. A Strange one to want that label! 

6 hours ago, Pidge said:

If you were BO and came on here with your real name, that would mean you really wanted people to know that is true. You would be happy to admit you were BO and even prove it.

Otherwise you have got to be a wind up merchant. A Strange one to want that label! 

Social media innit. 

On 7/4/2021 at 11:47 AM, GlossopLatic said:

Exactly what Neil Joy would say.

Archived