Playing Squad - Summer 21

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Piergianni and Fage have done little wrong in recent weeks and are adequate for a top half League 2 team, keeper and a decent centre back would help immensely, cant see this Walker lad being re-signed for next season, what's Connor Ripley up to these days?

12 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Piergianni and Fage have done little wrong in recent weeks and are adequate for a top half League 2 team, keeper and a decent centre back would help immensely, cant see this Walker lad being re-signed for next season, what's Connor Ripley up to these days?

That's the sort of keeper we should be looking at, he isn't playing regular football I may be wrong but he could be Iversens understudy. Joel Coleman is he playing anywhere. 

4 hours ago, disjointed said:

That's the sort of keeper we should be looking at, he isn't playing regular football I may be wrong but he could be Iversens understudy. Joel Coleman is he playing anywhere. 

Who gives a fuck about past players move on for goodness sake 

17 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

5. Carl Piergianni (2022)
14. Dylan Fage (2022)
15. Kyle Jameson (2022)
20. Andrea Badan (2022)
22. Raphaël Diarra (2022)

If that lot are regulars next season expect another season of going absolutely fucking nowhere at best.

"In the FA Cup, the 22-year-old provided an outstanding assist for Bobby Grant against Hampton & Richmond Borough as he dribbled from his own half before delivering a pinpoint low cross to the striker"

Bloody hell talk about overselling it. :huh: 

I'm sure we will never forget where we were when Dylan Fage shot himself into Latics Folklore with that assist against Hampton and Richmond.

The reality is, that apart from three brief periods, Latics have been a selling club for the last sixty years.

Two of those periods led to disaster and near extinction

When it our sales well managed, in agreement between a realistic manager and board, then it can be productive.

The trouble is we have had neither competence nor stability for a generation.

My opinion is that the club have given the right players the contracts. Fage came as a 19/20 yr old to a new country and only played a few games. This season everyone can see he has improved as the season has gone on. Coached in the right way he will come very good imo as he has the improvement in there somewhere. Jameson has improved as season has gone on. Diarra and Badan haven't shown much but worth seeing what they have as back ups. Pierrgianni is a no brainer. He's been colossal since Jan. Against all teams. So to say he's not good enough to be top half doesnt make sense. Bahamboula obvious to keep him but very likely he will be sold and this climate you cant blame the club for selling. As long as its worth it. Cbj and mcaleny need contracts

On 4/23/2021 at 8:03 PM, disjointed said:

Ripley bench at PNE who brought a loan keeper in above him. Coleman on the bench at Fleetwood. 

16 hours ago, astottie said:

Ripley bench at PNE who brought a loan keeper in above him. Coleman on the bench at Fleetwood. 

Ripley had a great season here behind Clarke, but seems to have gone downhill since. His time at Bury was poor, and he hasn't done well at PNE. Hence his demotion.

Archived