Playing Squad - Summer 21

20 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Salford have hired Bowyer permanently, Walsall and Swindon are in a similar questionable state so I can't see him choosing them over us.  Tranmere and Bradford are the teams I think he might consider who are probably better prospects than us, although if Tranmere go up I think they'd look elsewhere.

I'm not saying any of those clubs would want him, but he'll probably put the feelers out to see what his chances are.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, singe said:

Our problem, because of the way we are being run, is that we need hime more than he needs us.

How have you concluded we need him ? He’s been nothing short of below average results wise ? We ended in a lower position than when he took over, conceding goals for fun. 

44 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

How have you concluded we need him ? He’s been nothing short of below average results wise ? We ended in a lower position than when he took over, conceding goals for fun. 

I didn't say we needed him, I said we need him more than he needs us. Our negotiating position is weak.

There will be managers willing to try, but it's an ever decreasing pool. There won't be too many managers with a CV out of this division willing to even turn up for an interview, we are hardly an attractive proposition.

KC said there would be an announcement Monday or Tuesday on a retained list....the curt reply from KE added to the fact it is now going to be Friday at the earliest gives me the feeling an agreement is proving difficult,

If I was a betting man I would guess that we’ll be looking for yet another manager!!

Archived