Boycott of BP by PTB, Athleticos and OASF

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, PeteG said:

As @adamoafc said about the OEC all will be revealed hopefully in the next few weeks. Not like we don't all know the answer about the OEC is it?

So something is going on, presumably via everyone's favourite ex copper. But whatever that is or isniis nothing to do with the other side of the story that you said @basilrobbiedidn't understand 

On 5/3/2022 at 3:42 PM, yarddog73 said:

Whilst I don't agree with the tone of PeteG post I had thought similar myself, I've witnessed prominent members of PTB and the other groups hell bent on protest booing players and generally behaving like bellends at away days, I get that Abdallah and his cronies need to go but what do you get out of attending and giving dogs abuse to players who are just not good enough, it's not their fault they are not good enough.

If this is aimed at myself (I don't know if it is or isn't, however, I tend to go to more away games than the others, over the course of this season certainly) I do wonder which game you have "witnessed me booing players and generally behaving like bellends at away days"

Did I boo the players at Tranmere? Yes. Regardless of what has gone on over the past 4 years and absolutely recruitment is at the heart of the issue why we find ourselves where we are, the players themselves have not done enough. Are they good enough? No, however, I won't criticise players for not being good enough. The least I do expect is 100% effort all game, every game, from whoever is wearing a Latics shirt. Quite a few times this season (mostly prior to Shez returning) the players cannot honestly say they have given everything. 

As for "behaving like bellends" - again, not too sure how this is quantified. However, all I ever do at an away game is sing from minute 1 to minute 90 along with the people I have go with. The majority of that support is passionate and positive (see games such as Rochdale, Sutton, Scunthorpe and Stevenage to name but a few), other than that I join in with the "gallows humour" songs which quite frankly I feel has to be done because at that particular stage, if I didn't have a laugh, i'd cry. 

I don't criticise players openly on social media, I do criticise as a collective (again if the effort isn't there; see Harrogate for main one) and I don't criticise them in person either (after the Northampton game, I spoke calmly and supportively after a sub-standard performance with Davis Keillor-Dunn and Sam Hart).

2 hours ago, unsworthlatic said:

If this is aimed at myself (I don't know if it is or isn't, however, I tend to go to more away games than the others, over the course of this season certainly) I do wonder which game you have "witnessed me booing players and generally behaving like bellends at away days"

Did I boo the players at Tranmere? Yes. Regardless of what has gone on over the past 4 years and absolutely recruitment is at the heart of the issue why we find ourselves where we are, the players themselves have not done enough. Are they good enough? No, however, I won't criticise players for not being good enough. The least I do expect is 100% effort all game, every game, from whoever is wearing a Latics shirt. Quite a few times this season (mostly prior to Shez returning) the players cannot honestly say they have given everything. 

As for "behaving like bellends" - again, not too sure how this is quantified. However, all I ever do at an away game is sing from minute 1 to minute 90 along with the people I have go with. The majority of that support is passionate and positive (see games such as Rochdale, Sutton, Scunthorpe and Stevenage to name but a few), other than that I join in with the "gallows humour" songs which quite frankly I feel has to be done because at that particular stage, if I didn't have a laugh, i'd cry. 

I don't criticise players openly on social media, I do criticise as a collective (again if the effort isn't there; see Harrogate for main one) and I don't criticise them in person either (after the Northampton game, I spoke calmly and supportively after a sub-standard performance with Davis Keillor-Dunn and Sam Hart).

It doesn't have to be quantified, what you have said in this post, is what fans of every club have been doing for as long as I can remember, sometimes they need booing. 

3 minutes ago, disjointed said:

It doesn't have to be quantified, what you have said in this post, is what fans of every club have been doing for as long as I can remember, sometimes they need booing. 

It's Pete and his mates you need to tell that too 

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

but only if you buy a season ticket..

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

These players have had an easy ride and have hid behind poor ownership all season. Half of them should have been hounded out of the club in October...

3 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

And the other half before that !! They are all shit..

I get this but these players many of whom should be plying their trade in non league are probably doing their best 99% of the time, okay Hunt didn't give two fucks but since Shez returned they have give pretty much everything.

This bunch of players barring Pidge and Adams are mentally weak, Shez got a bit out of them but then they are like a jigsaw and go to pieces, no leaders, very little confidence and below average ability, you can't blame them for the recruitment they are just not good enough and we have to hope and pray that Mo and shitpeas are nowhere to be seen when contracts are being handed out for this season.

I hope Shez is right and he will be able to bring in half a dozen players on better money and filling the squad up around them, someone like Clarke as player/coach would be ideal but not sure where he fits in at Tranmere, when I watched Salford the other day there is a couple there you'd take despite their age Matty Lund for one and Henderson would still do a job, recruitment will be everything next season and if Shez isn't in charge of that I'd expect him to walk.

There will most probably be veteran players who are willing to drop down a league or two to extend their playing careers. For Latics, that will likely mean players who are currently in League One at best. It's not impossible but a tough recruitment job for Sheridan to undertake.

Not only is it crucial that the brothers Grimm stay out of the recruitment process but even more crucial they both fuck off out of the club [and take the stench of B.O. with them]. As we all know, however, the former is more likely than the latter and that will be the best case scenario available at the moment.

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

More chance of an hospital Porter 

Hang on there, I retired 6 years ago and was fortunate to help as a volunteer and now employed as a part time hospital porter. Trust me you dont want me putting boots on

Has anyone seen the laughing Policeman at an Oldham game this season?

As he has just cost the club around £45,000 for requesting an OTT police presence at the final game in the EFL.

That's 166 adult and 1 OAP season tickets, for next season plus enough for a few pies.

As far as I'm aware he's been boycotting this season but it seems it's OK for him but not for the rest of us?

Throw your stones closer to home next time OP.

Is JS in charge of player recruitment?

JS in yesterdays programme:

“I know I will get the recruitment right, I’m not afraid to make tough decisions”

“I’ll bring players in to make sure we are strong and doing things I ask”

1 minute ago, tGWB said:

“I know I will get the recruitment right, I’m not afraid to make tough decisions”

Yeah until he gets sacked.

1 hour ago, tGWB said:

I've never seen him as naive but there is no chance of good recruitment unless they go 

14 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I've never seen him as naive but there is no chance of good recruitment unless they go 

His emotional attchment to the club and supporters obviously played a big part in his decision to stay

We’re all guilty of that though 

4 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Still have a fear Mo will meddle and Shez will walk, with a new manager taking over on the first week of the new season.

Perhaps I'm being paranoid?

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Still have a fear Mo will meddle and Shez will walk, with a new manager taking over on the first week of the new season.

Perhaps I'm being paranoid?

Not in the first week give it October November time and yeah that will probably happen.

It's remarkable how many people across social media who think just putting Sheridan in charge of recruitment will reverse this downwards trend. They will probably be the same ones next season getting overexcited when if we hit a good spot of form and win a few games and will believe lessons have been learned.

10 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

It's remarkable how many people across social media who think just putting Sheridan in charge of recruitment will reverse this downwards trend. They will probably be the same ones next season getting overexcited when if we hit a good spot of form and win a few games and will believe lessons have been learned.

Spot on. 

The best we can hope for is whatever he can cobble together- avoids another relegation. 

Archived