Pre season protest

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest the few fans we have left don't tell each other to go and support another club for simply wanting an owner willing to make us successful.

There's a way of doing that, and your previous reply wasn't it.

Blitz loans OAFC money that is used to build the stand. OAFC own the stand.

TTA set up the OEC business to operate from within the stand.

The OEC and other tenants pay rent to OAFC.

OAFC makes loan repayments to Blitz out of the rents received and retains some of those funds to invest in the football club.

It's the most likely scenario. We don't know it for a fact and we don't know the £s going around the cycle for a fact. But on Corney's statements that the stand will generate income for OAFC from beyond football it fits.

Successful businesses within that stand, including the OEC, can only be good for OAFC.

The most sensible post on OWTB in a very very long time

The most sensible post on OWTB in a very very long time

It does, though, ignore the bit where OAFC pays rent to Blitz for the ground.

And that Corney, Blitz and Gazal are directors of the company contracted to build the stand.

It does, though, ignore the bit where OAFC pays rent to Blitz for the ground.

That would be because I was under the impression it was a peppercorn rent. Quite happy to be shown otherwise.

And that Corney, Blitz and Gazal are directors of the company contracted to build the stand.

And that's because I thought it was common knowledge.

I think it's right that there is scrutiny of the arrangements. I don't think the Trust statement fully confirmed my theory around OEC paying rent to OAFC. Indeed, if the stories about reduced playing budget next season are true it does suggest that the Sports Direct sponsorship and rental income from the stand are nowhere near the projections in the business plan, even allowing for the cost of the season ticket offer.

That loan from the scouser still niggles a little. Just one extra creditor that could tip the balance.

Sell the club. Thought that was fairly obvious.

Should have sold to Koukash when he came in for us and Roughyeds. We could now be enjoying an owner willing to pay decent wages for decent players and getting excited about a potential promotion push instead of wondering if we'll sign enough players to field a team next season.

You think Salford fans are enjoying Koukash as chairman? Ha! Even Salford fans reckon he's a dick. Quite a few boycotting, their attendances have dropped noticeably since his second season (undoubtedly his best, his first was a bit of a nightmareas they finished bottom) since the move to a new stadium. They own less of their stadium than we do. They have to pay over the odds as they are unfashionable. They have been deducted points for going over the salary cap. They are just above the relegation zone so a strong chance they will be relegated. Despite Koukash in charge, Salfords Mayor illegally lent Koukash £200k of taxpayers money.

And what of those expensive over rated players you covet?

Most have been released!

So how is that massive splurge on over rated players going..... downward spiral to relegation.

Since he took over they have finished:

2013 Bottom, escaped due to closed shop.

2014 5th bottom

2015 2nd bottom

Do you really want us owned by the love child of Peter Risdale, Massimo Cellino, Stewart Day and Chris Moore.?

Edited by singe

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone coming along, time has been changed to 8:30pm. Room double booked.

Has anyone bothered turning up to this? I noticed a fair few on facebook mention they were going, think i read someone has driven 250 miles to attend.

• 2 weeks later...

We are getting to a point where some kind of action/protest is going from being laughable and reactionary to an actual possibility

Hopefully now the new management team has been announced any protest ideas will die, we have to give them a chance.