Ex players and that

21 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

it was this (quoted) basis - can’t say I’ve read all yours and mikes conversation so just pointing out you actually did include an ex player recently

Yes MM randomly brought up disinterested vis a vis uninterested with reference to my previous description of a former Numbef 9

21 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Six ex-players scored last night:  Clarke-Harris, Doyle, Duffus, Lang, Lund & Surridge.

If you could have one of them back at Latics who would you choose and why? 🤔

All of 'em because they're better than what we've got. Well, mostly. Certainly Clarke-Harris, Doyle, Lang and Surridge.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Six ex-players scored last night:  Clarke-Harris, Doyle, Duffus, Lang, Lund & Surridge.

If you could have one of them back at Latics who would you choose and why? 🤔

One only, I would go for Surridge, the lad has talent in spades if Bournemouth don't get back in the Premier league I think he will be playing there anyway with a different team. 

Isn't that the rub. The list of ex-players is pretty long. Gets longer by a whole squad every season.

Some clearly have gone up and away and could never come back. But there are plenty who would/ could have been available.

Surridge has made it- just need to enjoy the memories.

Doyle in my mind goes down as one who could have been acquired.

Matty Palmer, Iverson , Curtis Main anyone?

Could have had a solid core from players who were here and could have been available.

1 minute ago, Longlostfan said:

Isn't that the rub. The list of ex-players is pretty long. Gets longer by a whole squad every season.

Some clearly have gone up and away and could never come back. But there are plenty who would/ could have been available.

Could have had a solid core from players who were here and could have been available.

How we could do with a few of em now

1 hour ago, Longlostfan said:

Iverson signed a 4 year contract with Leicester whilst he was with us. As a loanee he was only going upwards.

12 hours ago, OldhamAthlete said:

Iverson signed a 4 year contract with Leicester whilst he was with us. As a loanee he was only going upwards.

Isnt he playing for Preston aswell this year? Some fans are still delusional about the pull this club holds. Matty Lund and Doyle would be classed as major signings for us these days.

Doyles wages are massive. He mite have stayed, but he thinks AL is a weapon and he's also good terms w Wellens who was cunts tricked by AL. He's very good friends w Gerrard, he doesnt like us. Even if we paid the full whack he wasnt sure about joining, then there was Wellensgate, Gerrardgate, Byrnegate and probably more. He likes the us (the fans).

Monty- I'm not saying anyone them would have come under this management structure, more making the point there were options (for a well sorted organisation) to have built better with what has already passed through.

I fully accept many were just passing through on the way to better things- but not all of those who were most effective have caught were they went to.

Imagine if over the last 3 years we had kept a couple of the better players from each year who were available what a core of a team we would have had. If that had been what was meant by 'slowly slowly' I think some would be happy with the progress.