Ex players and that

23 hours ago, OldhamAthlete said:

Iverson signed a 4 year contract with Leicester whilst he was with us. As a loanee he was only going upwards.

He went to Rotherham after us and was then released. In a better world we would be able to compete with Rotherham- not saying we can in our current plight.

Think both Ripley and Iverson are at Preston now?

2 minutes ago, Longlostfan said:

He went to Rotherham after us and was then released. In a better world we would be able to compete with Rotherham- not saying we can in our current plight.

He was loaned to Rotherham for a season where he was their first choice.

Leicester then chose to step him up and loan him to a top flight team in Europe, until he got injured.

Until that recent injury, his trajectory is only upwards.  He's not coming to teams down our way in the best future. 

Not even inconceivable he could be on the bench for his parent club in the Champions League next season if he performs well for Preston

2 hours ago, Longlostfan said:

As quoted in my local rag (Leicester Mercury) he has been loaned out to PNE.

43 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

"I have no doubt he can be part of the match day squad. Whether or not he could give us a full 90 minutes would be a bit of a wait"

Not much of ringing endorsement that is it then again I'm speechless as to why another professional club has offered him a contract.

21 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Dean Holden on the brink after Bristol City lost 6-0 at Watford..

Not sure he'll get many more opportunities in management.

If they don’t get rid they might end up relegated.  Gradual but now steep decline since they gave him the job. God knows why they did that. 

6 hours ago, JoeP said:

Dean Holden on the brink after Bristol City lost 6-0 at Watford..

Not sure he'll get many more opportunities in management.

5 hours ago, kowenicki said:

If they don’t get rid they might end up relegated.  Gradual but now steep decline since they gave him the job. God knows why they did that. 

18 wins from 36 league games, and doing ok until the current run of 4 defeats in a row.

I think they'll give him more time to turn it round, but who knows?

No l'll jus take your word for it 😂

The Winch plays three times for a big club with a little (but good) manager who used to manage us but got sold for £50K bc he wanted (and breifly got) a proper wage and promotion to the championship. Randomly earning unfair hate from our weird mob.

There we go 👍🏻.

47 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

18 wins from 36 league games, and doing ok until the current run of 4 defeats in a row.

Sensible money, due to his general history as a manager, on him not turning it around.  I'm amazed he got the job in the first place..

On 2/14/2021 at 2:14 PM, Worcester Owl said:

Had a good start for sure... but 11 defeats in last 16 is horrific. 

On 2/14/2021 at 2:14 PM, Worcester Owl said:

Had a good start for sure... but 11 defeats in last 16 is horrific.