Trust Letter to AL

7 hours ago, youngen said:

Personal opinion is you will get one answer: "Do one".

I wouldnt be disclosing any of that private business information, and would be reluctant to any meeting set up by the Trust if I was the owner. If he agrees to any of this, he is basically opening himself up to allowing all financial matters to be scrutinised, assessed and determined by fans who have absolutely no idea how to run a business. Would you see United fans asking Glazers to show them an invoice for the electric bill? A waste of time in my opinion.

I for one do have an idea how to run a business.I am sure there are other Latics fans who also know how to run a business.I also know that the way that AL has run the business is an insult to the club, its heritage and future prospects. Things have to change.

• Like 2

Back on topic I think that the letter goes into far too much detail. In retrospect it might have been better just to demand that he meet the trust within a specified time scale where the more relevant questions could have been asked face to face.

I have to admit if I was the owner and had received a letter with that sort of content I would probably have thrown it in the bin!

Back to the letter; yes, it's very lengthy and includes a great deal that we may never get answers to. But you don't get anywhere without trying. I'd rather we went full on now and then revisit the unanswered questions (there will no doubt be plenty) in time to come. AL has been quite happy to tell all and sundry how much he's pumped into the club and how much he forks out every week/month to keep it afloat. Go on then, AL. Prove it.

IIRC, didn't that likkle rascal Corney invite people to inspect the books? I think @leeslover was one who went, can't remember who else. How much were they allowed to see and would AL make the same offer? If he does, then maybe we'll see how much truth there is in Swansgate, Gasgate, Coffeegate etc. That would be a small step in the right direction, but could possibly give an insight into the financial situation the club finds itself in. If those bills/debts weren't paid, how did the big fish get their money? Or did they?

We may never get to the bottom of interference with the team unless a player comes out and tells us all about it (after he's gone, of course, a la Craig Davies). As far as the pitch goes, it won't take long for us to realise what is being done to it for next season. It won't be hard to work out and that should be a pretty good barometer of the club's/AL's financial clout. Maybe not everything we have heard or read is true, but at least getting some of the answers is a bloody good start.

Well done to the Trust and those that attended last Saturday. You've put the first building blocks in place. Now we need the rest of the building to start rising from the ground upwards. Your move next AL.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Think he goes by the name Kevin Birkitt. He has a passing resemblance to one of the chuckle brothers hence the name chuckle.

Glad the Trust are asking these questions their are plenty of them. Knowone would be asking for their pound of flesh if AL was running the club properly knowone cares about gas bills or any other overheads if they are done and paid for. If he goes and chooses to run the club properly then we can all go back to arguing the toss about who we play at Left Back.

Ah .. so that's who he is. Apparently, he's the one that was going around telling people that I was a good friend of Simon Corney's (and went on a sponsored walk with him) when I was setting up the fans' meeting with the chairman a couple of years ago. On that basis (i.e. he was telling blatant lies) he's worth jack shit.

As regards the letter, I think the Trust have been caught between a rock and a hard place. There will be a lot of wasted energy around minutiae that doesn't really matter but I appreciate that when so many attended the meeting, they have to been seen to have had their say to a degree. 

Well done though, I can see the step change which was badly needed. My main worry is that, before we know it, the season will be over and momentum may then well and truly be lost.

Still think we needed a protest of some kind organised by the Trust ASAP - by not doing so, you have effectively divided the fanbase (i.e. little pockets of protest will be made independently) - we simply don't have sufficient numbers of fans to be divided.

AL will be mightily relieved that we have effectively "divided and ruled" ourselves as fans.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Ah .. so that's who he is. Apparently, he's the one that was going around telling people that I was a good friend of Simon Corney's (and went on a sponsored walk with him) when I was setting up the fans' meeting with the chairman a couple of years ago. On that basis (i.e. he was telling blatant lies) he's worth jack shit.

As regards the letter, I think the Trust have been caught between a rock and a hard place. There will be a lot of wasted energy around minutiae that doesn't really matter but I appreciate that when so many attended the meeting, they have to been seen to have had their say to a degree. 

Well done though, I can see the step change which was badly needed. My main worry is that, before we know it, the season will be over and momentum may then well and truly be lost.

Still think we needed a protest of some kind organised by the Trust ASAP - by not doing so, you have effectively divided the fanbase (i.e. little pockets of protest will be made independently) - we simply don't have sufficient numbers of fans to be divided.

AL will be mightily relieved that we have effectively "divided and ruled" ourselves as fans.

The timings on the letter look good, a meeting requested not after 20th April. This gives AL time to show how good his intentions are and get the fans on board before the ST early bird deadline but also just before the Mansfield match on Sky on the Monday where a protest could happen.

If there is a favourable response by then I’ll be amazed and even if there is, words are cheap and he could promise the earth....its action we want!!!

Whatever the outcome I don’t think there is sufficient time for it to effect season ticket sales for next season. For me personally, it’s going to take several weeks/months of prolonged change at the club for me to trust this guy’s ability to run this football club in a professional manner.

In my opinion it’s not going to happen!

Edited by oafc1955

14 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

If there is a favourable response by then I’ll be amazed and even if there is, words are cheap and he could promise the earth....its action we want!!!

Whatever the outcome I don’t there is sufficient time for it to effect season ticket sales for next season. For me personally, it’s going to take several weeks/months of prolonged change at the club for me to trust this guy’s ability to run this football club in a professional manner.

In my opinion it’s not going to happen!

Our owner has to be offered the opportunity to address concerns and the letter is put in those terms.

Some may believe they already know he won’t deliver. That’s their view. 

This is the start of a process.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Think he goes by the name Kevin Birkitt. He has a passing resemblance to one of the chuckle brothers hence the name chuckle.

You may remember this:

https://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/8/news-headlines/87918/kevin-pays-penalty-for-goal-photo

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2014/october/stewards-who-stand-out-from-the-crowd/

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Chuckle banned me from his Facebook group after I pointed out that he had on more than one occasion posted racist and homophobic posts only to remove them.

He then sent me 20 to 30 abusive private messages on messenger. Such a classy guy!

Man of the people!

11 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Any news on who received the hand delivered version and whether any acknowledgement yet?

Emailed yesterday

I am on my way to hand delivery it today via the post office as another copy will be sent recorded delivery as well

Cheers

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

Chuckle banned me from his Facebook group after I pointed out that he had on more than one occasion posted racist and homophobic posts only to remove them.

He then sent me 20 to 30 abusive private messages on messenger. Such a classy guy!

Man of the people!

Am I right in saying he was also, allegedly, quite pioneering in doing a bit of anti-Semetism with regards to Corney and/or Blitz & Gazal way before Labour made it fashionable? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, underdog said:

Emailed yesterday

I am on my way to hand delivery it today via the post office as another copy will be sent recorded delivery as well

Cheers

Cheers - did we put a read receipt on email and was it sent to his personal email address?  I doubt he’s got a PA