League Tables 30.04.2019

The penultimate game of the season threw up some interesting scenarios. With Latics failing to score and Newport doing the unthinkable with free entry to season ticket holders' friends, increasing the gate by over a 1,000, the most anyone could score was 8 points. The maximum turned out to be 6, scored by @astottie, @lookersstandandy, @nzlatic and @SAV in the Premier League, @aidan_latics and @Benja in the Championship and @Brisbaneblue, @Dave_Og, @Kusunga_Is_God and @Nohairdontcare in League 1.

In the top division, it's pretty much a Libpool/Citeh set up with just one point separating @Ex_pat and @lookersstandandy. The Northampton game will be very interesting, if only for watching all the last minute edits! It will take a huge effort to overtake those two. At the other end, @Hometownclub climbed out of the relegation places, dropping @rosa back in. It doesn't look good for @singe and @GravityGrave is already gone.

@Benja is virtually assured of promotion from the Championship, but 2nd place is a race between @youngen, @Harry Bosch and @yarddog73. The last two play off places appear to be a straight fight between @aidan_latics, @LaticsPete and @BP1960, but you never can tell. The bottom three are already relegated but, if we have a 2nd Division next season, @GlossopLatic is practically down with @Stevie_J and @Handsy very much in trouble.

It's almost certain that @south east latic is promoted from League1 at the first attempt, with @Dave_Og holding a 6 point advantage over @maddog in 2nd place. @al_bro is pretty much secure in the play offs with @mick26, @Nohairdontcare and @Latics and England fighting over 6th place, but don't rule out @maximus1267. With @oafcprozac already relegated, the final two places look to be between @Lee Sinnott, @Brisbaneblue and @Kusunga_Is_God, but the latter needs a big result and a slip up from the others.

Premier League

tTY2608.jpg?1

QVjgt78.jpg?1

Championship

ONwYo1e.jpg?1

JBkqRuQ.jpg?1

League 1

9cp7VdW.jpg?1

u46Ds1l.jpg?1

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

With one game to go, @south east latic only needs 2 points to surpass the regular season points record set by @24hoursfromtulsehill in 2015/16.

urZdDDX.png

Err..... not quite right is it?

I am sure you put this in just to get me to bite, so here goes.

The final 2015/16 season table is below. 183 points.

21kJmu2.jpg.81df2a715298eef7ec18dfb574b996d1.jpg

53 minutes ago, Ex_pat said:

Err..... not quite right is it?

I am sure you put this in just to get me to bite, so here goes.

The final 2015/16 season table is below. 183 points.

"Regular season" points record. I'm not including the experimental Play Off points system as it was ditched after 1 season...... divisional winners by year below;

3rtxXo8.png

Edited by lookersstandandy

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

"Regular season" points record. I'm not including the experimental Play Off points system as it was ditched after 1 season...... divisional winners by year below;

3rtxXo8.png

It is how the game has developed, Some suggestions works others do not, It takes time for the league completion rules to settle down. You show this as an example with your edit about attendance points being different over seasons.

How much skill is in attendance points? Especially when a person gets 20.

Maybe you should have done the table deducting the attendance point too, so you can prove your point further?

I have just realised that I am talking to Brits who voted for Brexit, then wanted to change it because it is not going give them the results they wanted. I should have known better.

4 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

.......from the Championship...... The last two play off places appear to be a straight fight between @aidan_latics, @LaticsPete and @BP1960.............

....after @milnrow latics secured his place in the Premier League for next season and having reached the OWTB PL Cup S/F, one wonders if he'd like to see his arch rival and local derby @LaticsPete make an instant return to the Premier League - having swapped places last season - or will he be secretly laughing if @LaticsPete misses out on the Play Offs?

• Like 1

@GravityGrave relegated after 6 consecutive seasons in the Premier League. Will he come straight back up? It's not as easy as it looks, ask @Bristolatic, @Stevie_J, @LaticsPete@Latics_Fanatic, @BP1960, @Handsy, @Harry Bosch. In fact, no-one who's been relegated has yet come back up.

FJaJv4k.png

37 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

....after @milnrow latics secured his place in the Premier League for next season and having reached the OWTB PL Cup S/F, one wonders if he'd like to see his arch rival and local derby @LaticsPete make an instant return to the Premier League - having swapped places last season - or will he be secretly laughing if @LaticsPete misses out on the Play Offs?

Nothing secret about his laughter if that happens! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

...... @Dave_Og holding a 6 point advantage over @maddog in 2nd place.

Assuming @maddog can't pull of an unlikely points haul to overtake @Dave_Og, will it possible to get up for a Play Off S/F against one of @mick26, @Nohairdontcare, @Latics and England or @maximus1267 having amassed 30+ points more than them in the regular season? Will @mick26 have one eye on the OWTB Cup Final and miss out on the Play Offs?

Memories of 1986/87

aEVy5ut.png

5 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

The penultimate game of the season threw up some interesting scenarios. With Latics failing to score and Newport doing the unthinkable with free entry to season ticket holders' friends, increasing the gate by over a 1,000, the most anyone could score was 8 points. The maximum turned out to be 6, scored by @astottie, @lookersstandandy, @nzlatic and @SAV in the Premier League, @aidan_latics and @Benja in the Championship and @Brisbaneblue, @Dave_Og, @Kusunga_Is_God and @Nohairdontcare in League 1.

In the top division, it's pretty much a Libpool/Citeh set up with just one point separating @Ex_pat and @lookersstandandy. The Northampton game will be very interesting, if only for watching all the last minute edits! It will take a huge effort to overtake those two. At the other end, @Hometownclub climbed out of the relegation places, dropping @rosa back in. It doesn't look good for @singe and @GravityGrave is already gone.

@Benja is virtually assured of promotion from the Championship, but 2nd place is a race between @youngen, @Harry Bosch and @yarddog73. The last two play off places appear to be a straight fight between @aidan_latics, @LaticsPete and @BP1960, but you never can tell. The bottom three are already relegated but, if we have a 2nd Division next season, @GlossopLatic is practically down with @Stevie_J and @Handsy very much in trouble.

It's almost certain that @south east latic is promoted from League1 at the first attempt, with @Dave_Og holding a 6 point advantage over @maddog in 2nd place. @al_bro is pretty much secure in the play offs with @mick26, @Nohairdontcare and @Latics and England fighting over 6th place, but don't rule out @maximus1267. With @oafcprozac already relegated, the final two places look to be between @Lee Sinnott, @Brisbaneblue and @Kusunga_Is_God, but the latter needs a big result and a slip up from the others.

Premier League

tTY2608.jpg?1

QVjgt78.jpg?1

Championship

ONwYo1e.jpg?1

JBkqRuQ.jpg?1

League 1

9cp7VdW.jpg?1

u46Ds1l.jpg?1

Northampton away and I  just need  a win. What could possibly go wrong.

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

@GravityGrave relegated after 6 consecutive seasons in the Premier League. Will he come straight back up? It's not as easy as it looks, ask @Bristolatic, @Stevie_J, @LaticsPete@Latics_Fanatic, @BP1960, @Handsy, @Harry Bosch. In fact, no-one who's been relegated has yet come back up.

FJaJv4k.png

Piss off.  I was relegated after finishing fourth(?) in the Premier League!

36 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I've heard of mind games, but never mindless games. And I'm happy in mid table in the Championship; I can't afford promotion this season.

So meander round there for a few seasons, then get relegated. Might be best to put a plan in place. 

Just before the regular season ends can I give my thanks to all those involved in running this again this year (you know who you are). 

Also could a make a last request to make sure that LSA doesn't win the Premier league it could make my next meeting with him unbearable. 

Good luck to you all on the final day and well done for helping to contribute to an enjoyable prediction league which helps worthwhile causes. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

So meander round there for a few seasons, then get relegated. Might be best to put a plan in place. 

Oh, I've got a plan. Sorry, Plan. Complete squad overhaul this summer. 

Consolidate next season then storm to the top the season after. Simple.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Oh, I've got a plan. Sorry, Plan. Complete squad overhaul this summer. 

Consolidate next season then storm to the top the season after. Simple.

Have a word with the Clown running our club, something like this would be a start.