MATCH: Halifax Town (A) 10/04/24

12 minutes ago, Dickie Down said:

It gets worse for Halifax's pitch.

Halifax Panthers play on it up to June 1st and then resume on June 30th. That is nowhere near enough time to renovate a pitch, let alone one that is in crisis.

Our pitch, which is in good order, sees the rugby vacate it between May 5th and June 26th. Not great for them short term, but a much more sensible schedule for the long term health of the turf.

Where are the Roughyeds playing during that spell?  The first female RL ref at professional takes charge of their game this weekend.  Her biggest challenge might be keeping count of the score

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Where are the Roughyeds playing during that spell?  The first female RL ref at professional takes charge of their game this weekend.  Her biggest challenge might be keeping count of the score

Their fixtures are all away from home during that period.

10 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Away.

6 hours ago, Oafc88 said:

I'm wondering if they are now hedging their bets and waiting until the outcome of Saturdays games? A loss for us and a win for either Aldershot or Halifax (potentially both) finishes our season, i think without checking the table, so would imagine that would dampen any potential big/rowdy following we might take. 

I doubt that if we have already sold over 1800 tickets. Isn't the last away game of the season fancy dress time etc?

10 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Lancs Police wouldn't agree to us playing at Accrington. Accrington had agreed to all 3 Halifax matches to take place there - Police refused. Our away following for the game is what is complicating things...

Why is that? Teams like Wrexham, Stockport and Bradford will have decent followings that the police have to manage.

8 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Why is that? Teams like Wrexham, Stockport and Bradford will have decent followings that the police have to manage.

They have no choice but to host those clubs as Accrington are playing them. Oldham playing Halifax at Accrington doesn't need to happen - why would the police want the extra hassle...?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

I doubt that if we have already sold over 1800 tickets. Isn't the last away game of the season fancy dress time etc?

Yeah true enough, just playing devils advocate! Just the edge of the fixture would be diminished for us so it might open up more places the game can go ahead (i.e. Accrington if its to be believed theyve been told no by police).

Edited by Oafc88
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

They have no choice but to host those clubs as Accrington are playing them. Oldham playing Halifax at Accrington doesn't need to happen - why would the police want the extra hassle...?

Happen to know  that particular division of Lancs police haven't forgotten how some of our lot behaved at Ewood Park last time we were there....

• Bender unfeatured this topic
1 hour ago, jsslatic said:

8 days left of the season and still no news - going to be behind closed doors this isn't it?

Yes it would have been nice to have an update even to say there is no update :)

Actually I would have liked to know what the options are being thrown around because if it ends up being further away I really needed to try and book an early finish in at work.

Well never mind I think you're right about the behind closed doors bit so it won't matter.

Surely if they can’t get the game on its 3 points to us we should be digging our feet in refusing alternative, explaining tickets sold, time frames! We should be

being as difficult as possible in this tin pot league !

Edited by latics22
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Only Blue said:

Yes it would have been nice to have an update even to say there is no update :)

Actually I would have liked to know what the options are being thrown around because if it ends up being further away I really needed to try and book an early finish in at work.

Well never mind I think you're right about the behind closed doors bit so it won't matter.

If anyone can't attend they can get their ticket money back, I know it's not ideal and some people have to give a weeks notice or more for time off work. Might do us a favour getting a refund rather than watch Halifax "do" us again. 

8 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Surely if they can’t get the game on its 2 points to us we should be digging our feet in refusing alternative, explaining tickets sold, time frames! We should be

being as difficult as possible in this tin pot league !

3!!!!!

28 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

MM's fewmin at Halifax / The League going off his pre-match presser, isn't he? And rightly so. Having to play just 36 hours ahead of our [potentially] final match of the season is a disgrace and I'm glad he pointed that out.

Another ready made excuse for him.

MELLON OUT!!!

Now then…..I’ve said it!!

All the players we’ve signed whether it be Unsworth, Mellon or whoever , are all players from a higher level or players who have performed exceptionally well for their previous clubs in this division.

That was fucking awful again and I don’t buy this, they’re not his players!

I can understand a problem with one or two but FFS he should be able to get a performance out of this lot. We are stuck with about 16 of these players next season so why will it be any different!

I was fucking livid watching that…..no more excuses, he looks as half arsed as the players.

Him being here next season should definitely not be a given….the board need to decided whether or not he’s the man to take us forward.

I honestly don’t think he is.

Not bothering going to the Halifax game now wherever it is and will be seeking a refund!

Absolutely disgusted with my football club!

Edited by oafc1955
  • Like 1