World Cup Predictor Competition

23 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Apparently Forest Green also use what is now known as the "Love Train" technique at corners. Hope our management team are paying attention to how it is stopped. 

If we're conceding corners to that non-league lot, we should fold the club #walk

4 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Finished that half very strongly. Brilliant.

Only negative is Sterling's finishing. He's like a rabbit in the headlights when one on one. Didn't even have the nous to square it to Kane . Dele Alli poor and Walker should swing the ball in first time, we started a bit laboured but eased into the match well. Overall a good first half but will we rue the missed chances ?

Only change I’d make is Loftus-Cheek for Alli. Feel sorry for Sterling, admittedly his end product has been poor so far but his running has been superb imo. Would definitely keep him on - it’ll come.

15 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Only change I’d make is Loftus-Cheek for Alli. Feel sorry for Sterling, admittedly his end product has been poor so far but his running has been superb imo. Would definitely keep him on - it’ll come.

Never in doubt ?

54 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Be honest. Did anyone expect us to get this far? I didn't.

I didn’t at first, I thought we should of got out of the group, then thought we should get to the quarters. I’d have been happy with that, but after Spain went out I thought we had a great chance of the Semi’s. Now I just think we’ll never have a better chance of reaching a final. Not to get carried away but we should beat Russia and Croatia, then in a 1 off game versus France or Belgium who knows. The scenes if we go on and win this will be incredible. Not sure what i’m going to do if we get to the final, in my line of work is the busiest week of the year from July 15th and no one can book a holiday. 

8 minutes ago, daniel said:

I didn’t at first, I thought we should of got out of the group, then thought we should get to the quarters. I’d have been happy with that, but after Spain went out I thought we had a great chance of the Semi’s. Now I just think we’ll never have a better chance of reaching a final. Not to get carried away but we should beat Russia and Croatia, then in a 1 off game versus France or Belgium who knows. The scenes if we go on and win this will be incredible. Not sure what i’m going to do if we get to the final, in my line of work is the busiest week of the year from July 15th and no one can book a holiday. 

Fake your own death or kidnapping

5 hours ago, Ryan said:

Thought Sterling had a good game, should have scored 1 goal perhaps, but he caused the Swedes no end of problems. No reason to change the team for the semi. Southgate knows his best starting 11 let him do his job, what will be will be. 

12 hours ago, disjointed said:

Thought Sterling had a good game, should have scored 1 goal perhaps, but he caused the Swedes no end of problems. No reason to change the team for the semi. Southgate knows his best starting 11 let him do his job, what will be will be. 

Sterling did show good movement throughout the game, it’s just a shame that his composure in front of goal seems to have deserted him. Southgate will start the semifinal with the same team - Alli has got a goal and that will help with his confidence and maybe that is what Sterling needs for him to step up. 

Although England has got to this stage of a World Cup, I don’t think we have played as well as we can. What is evident though is that the team is growing into the tournament. 

Bring it on! 

23 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Although England has got to this stage of a World Cup, I don’t think we have played as well as we can. What is evident though is that the team is growing into the tournament. 

Bring it on! 

Die mannschaft ist tot, lang lebe die mannschaft!

Nerves are creeping in now. Regardless of the result tomorrow, the lads have done us proud. They have shown a togetherness that we haven't seen for a very long time. Can't remember the last time we had the whole nation excited.

Well, I was hoping I might be able to make this post after England winning the World Cup, alas I'll have to make do with the after glow of an heroic S/F defeat.

With one to game to go, the OWTB World Cup Predictor comp looks tied up as far as the winner goes, @Ricardo has an unassailable lead. :applause1:

It's a dog fight for 2nd and 3rd spot between @danjlund5 [can't find exact OWTB username] , @Gaz_Oafc, @mick26, @astottie, @RyanC98 [can't find exact OWTB username] & @latics jan. Best of luck to you all.

Regardless of how you've fared, hope you've all enjoyed it.

For those who haven't participated before; @Ricardo, @danjlund5, @Gaz_Oafc, @RyanC98, @latics jan, @cstotty18, @laticsmarra @Magic Mikey & @Brisbaneblue

......and those who have, but not for some time @mick26 [2011/12], @maddog [2011/12] @Kusunga_Is_God [2015/16], please visit the OWTB 2018/19 Prediction League Marketing thread, where I'm sure you'll be convinced to sign up. :D

Edited by lookersstandandy