#ReclaimTheFaith

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Democracy is cool. I'm just intrigued by the complete change in direction.

Instead of calling for change, be the change. 

I don’t have any issue with the intention or desire. Because ultimately it comes from a good place IMO. My only fear is the potentially naivety in thinking everything will fall into place with a new vote. I don’t think it will be that simple, and we could be losing focus on the primary objective- which is the owner out. 

34 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'd rather not discuss what processes we use to manage the membership.

Ok then fine. The only thing I can do as a user is ignore that said individual which I have done and I think others should do aswell. But not all people will do that they will be incited by him/them.

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Ok then fine. The only thing I can do as a user is ignore that said individual which I have done and I think others should do aswell. But not all people will do that they will be incited by him/them.

I didn't say we have done nothing, I simply said I'd like it if we didn't reveal what we've done.

It's really difficult to stop anyone from joining if they are hell-bent on doing so, I would suggest the membership uses the report and ignore functions until we get around to looking into the reports.

27 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I rose to it massively yesterday - bad day straw camel etc. I’m just going to pretend it doesn’t exist from now on and stuck to ignore. It doesn’t help that you still see someone youre ignoring has posted and curiosity makes you look 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

I'd rather not discuss what processes we use to manage the membership.

Whatever it is, I wish you'd do more of it 

Almost every thread turns into the same "discussion"/fishing expedition, no matter what the topic is.

To be honest I've tuned out of here lately, largely because every time I log in half the posts are the same trolling from the same troll, and I can't be bothered sifting through his crap 

17 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Whatever it is, I wish you'd do more of it 

I do whatever I can whenever I can, it's something I do in my spare time and - believe it or not - I have other things to do, and that goes for the other admins too.

If there are no reports, we won't do anything - I certainly won't read every thread, so it's a case of help us out and we'll consider more action.

I've had two reports today, first reports we've had for absolutely ages, and action has been taken.

Getting back to the topic. 

I'm playing devils advocate here (not trolling).  If the fans rep. on the board of OAFC was voted off the board of OASF, along with other directors. Then replaced with someone whose intent was to get rid of the owner. How do we think the owner would react to that person, given his reaction to everyone else who disagrees with him eg. the OEC debacle? I suspect the owner would totally ignore this person and not even speak to him. What would that achieve?

4 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I'm playing devils advocate here (not trolling).  If the fans rep. on the board of OAFC was voted off the board of OASF, along with other directors. Then replaced with someone whose intent was to get rid of the owner. How do we think the owner would react to that person, given his reaction to everyone else who disagrees with him eg. the OEC debacle? I suspect the owner would totally ignore this person and not even speak to him. What would that achieve?

Same way he's reacted to be being told what to do by PTB you'd imagine.

17 minutes ago, al_bro said:

may as well tell it as it is.  Nothing achieved on that front this far via the current approach

Resigning the seat on the board was mooted on the podcast.  If there's no loss of any key rights (ie what the trust has through the shareholding) then it seems the logical next step to me.  As we've seen on many occasion during this ownership, AL, ML or the club (via CEOs etc) do not take kindly to any sort contrary opinion or perceived dissenting voice.  Say it how it is and you'll be frozen out or fobbed off.  So the role is redundant in my view. 

45 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I'd ask though what is trust achieving by being nodding dogs? Because I can't see any benefit for them to working with him.

Telling it how it is might not get the desired result it doesn't mean its not the right thing to do.

17 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I'd ask though what is trust achieving by being nodding dogs? Because I can't see any benefit for them to working with him.

Telling it how it is might not get the desired result it doesn't mean its not the right thing to do.

Christine Seddon said last week, "The right way, has right of way...."

4 hours ago, al_bro said:

With a key difference

Your supporter Rep is legally a director of the business of OAFC (2004) LTD and has responsibility for that business.

Owner can ignore him all he likes but he has to have all the information afford to him as that director. We have put on the website a list of FSA approved questions that the rep must report back to the OASF board on a monthly basis.

This is up to date information as per the last completed month, rather than the accounts that are 12 months our of date. 

This is the "eyes on intelligence" that OASF then report back to the fan base on.

We have held off the appointment since last September on 2 points. 1} Diariased board meetings & agenda being provided in a timely manner in place rather than "sprung" it on the Rep 2) the MOU being signed off. Both completed in April. 

There is also, oppressed minority shareholder rights...which is something we have had to quote on more than one occasion. 

Being ignored is one thing, but with the Foundation it has more serious ramifications.

Right folks before I forget. I am going to come off here for awhile.

I am not ignoring you all as I love you all equally (just covering Equal opps there and in case Matt chucks me out)

However, for the last couple of weeks I have discovered, like the Grinch, that I have a heart, and it has kicked in. I don't fancy being the 3rd director to go off with a heart issues (woman down)

Also my head is about to explode with all this AGM stuff, 40 step plan and I am stuck right in the middle of it all as membership secretary as well as comms. So I have discovered stress, which I don't do at all and I dont like it either

Last year it was different as I was not working but this year I am so burning the candle at both ends its taking its toll and I am not spring chicken anymore to get away with it like I did in the 80's

So I have done a self intervention that my body is say....stop or you will be licking windows in the bottom block.

All foundation stuff will be on the main website first and foremost, toxic twitter and our Face ache page will be next, members will be emailed stuff too

Be safe and I will venture in but I am on full on mode until end of August now.

9 minutes ago, underdog said:

With a key difference

Your supporter Rep is legally a director of the business of OAFC (2004) LTD and has responsibility for that business.

Owner can ignore him all he likes but he has to have all the information afford to him as that director. We have put on the website a list of FSA approved questions that the rep must report back to the OASF board on a monthly basis.

This is up to date information as per the last completed month, rather than the accounts that are 12 months our of date. 

This is the "eyes on intelligence" that OASF then report back to the fan base on.

We have held off the appointment since last September on 2 points. 1} Diariased board meetings & agenda being provided in a timely manner in place rather than "sprung" it on the Rep 2) the MOU being signed off. Both completed in April. 

There is also, oppressed minority shareholder rights...which is something we have had to quote on more than one occasion. 

Being ignored is one thing, but with the Foundation it has more serious ramifications.

It didn’t appear to with corney. 

It’s one thing having some rights. It’s quite another knowing how and when to use them to best effect. 

20 minutes ago, underdog said:

With a key difference

8 minutes ago, Andy b said:

It didn’t appear to with corney. 

It’s one thing having some rights. It’s quite another knowing how and when to use them to best effect. 

Yet Corney kept Brooke out of board meetings or at least made sure he had the times wrong so important things had been discussed already when he arrived

Was Brooke really so weak he couldn’t challenge that as a director?

on an aside @underdog hope you and your health are well and if you are to be away for a while hope the rest does you good 

12 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Yet Corney kept Brooke out of board meetings or at least made sure he had the times wrong so important things had been discussed already when he arrived

Was Brooke really so weak he couldn’t challenge that as a director?

on an aside @underdog hope you and your health are well and if you are to be away for a while hope the rest does you good 

Cheers.

I am worn out..literally with it all. 

Andy B, had an excellent idea and its stuck with me. That maybe we should not recruit a Rep that is from the OASF board or even a fan.

That they should be a director with experience of board room grenade juggling and having company law knowledge first. Business first....Advertise it too. 

I really am now going to have to log out, I have forgotten to contact yesterdays lucky dip winner and singe may come after me....you don;t wanna see Singe angry. move over Hulk.

haha

Night all

Edit: with Simon it took its toll on him too. Off memory we had lined up/ was about to line up a solicitor letter about his treatment. When the chair decide and intervention was needed. She recognised the signs of when someone is not ok and made him take a breather

9 minutes ago, underdog said:

Cheers.

I am worn out..literally with it all. 

Andy B, had an excellent idea and its stuck with me. That maybe we should not recruit a Rep that is from the OASF board or even a fan.

That they should be a director with experience of board room grenade juggling and having company law knowledge first. Business first....Advertise it too. 

I really am now going to have to log out, I have forgotten to contact yesterdays lucky dip winner and singe may come after me....you don;t wanna see Singe angry. move over Hulk.

haha

Night all

Edit: with Simon it took its toll on him too. Off memory we had lined up/ was about to line up a solicitor letter about his treatment. When the chair decide and intervention was needed. She recognised the signs of when someone is not ok and made him take a breather

thanks I worded that badly

I had a lot of time for Simon (less so since his FLG involvement that seems to have gone no where) 

weakness was a bad word and it really is appalling that our club has treated people to the point of illness 

AL and Mo are awful, but Corney and his mates set that rot in long before and that should never be forgotten 

1 hour ago, underdog said:

I am not ignoring you all as I love you all equally (just covering Equal opps there and in case Matt chucks me out)

However, for the last couple of weeks I have discovered, like the Grinch, that I have a heart, and it has kicked in. I don't fancy being the 3rd director to go off with a heart issues (woman down)

Also my head is about to explode with all this AGM stuff, 40 step plan and I am stuck right in the middle of it all as membership secretary as well as comms. So I have discovered stress, which I don't do at all and I dont like it either

Last year it was different as I was not working but this year I am so burning the candle at both ends its taking its toll and I am not spring chicken anymore to get away with it like I did in the 80's

So I have done a self intervention that my body is say....stop or you will be licking windows in the bottom block.

All foundation stuff will be on the main website first and foremost, toxic twitter and our Face ache page will be next, members will be emailed stuff too

Take a breather underdog nothing like this is worth destroying your mental health over trust me I've been there.

I do want the Trust to challenge the club over the petition that PTB has put together this is a clear showing of fans feeling. From a business point of view and from the Trust point of view its no good ignoring this level of dissatisfaction amongst the fanbase its only going to get worse if it is.

I don't want anyone on the Trusts mental well being to be compromised, but we cannot go on like this as a football club.

49 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Take a breather underdog nothing like this is worth destroying your mental health over trust me I've been there.

I do want the Trust to challenge the club over the petition that PTB has put together this is a clear showing of fans feeling. From a business point of view and from the Trust point of view its no good ignoring this level of dissatisfaction amongst the fanbase its only going to get worse if it is.

I don't want anyone on the Trusts mental well being to be compromised, but we cannot go on like this as a football club.

Agree 👏

13 hours ago, underdog said:

Tracey, please stay safe and look after yourself, I know how stressful things can be sometimes but you have to find time for you. 

I do hope that the Foundation gets the right support from the fans to take a lot of pressure off you as you are taking far too much on. 

Nothing is worth your mental or physical health Tracey, please take a step back 

All the very best 

Archived