Harry Kewell Departure Watch

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After weeks of absolute shite we are now seeing a massive improvement in both performances and results.

We are by no means there yet but for about 20 minutes at Valley Parade today we were absolutely unplayable. 

After years of having to endure an impotent strike force, goal scoring is beginning to become a given. It’s mad to think we took Bradford apart and yet still have Bamboozle and Dearnley to come back. 

If we could add a player or two in January and turn our home form around there’s no reason why we shouldn’t aim for the playoffs at least.

I think a lot of fans, me included, will be eating large portions of humble pie after that performance today....long may it continue!!

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

After weeks of absolute shite we are now seeing a massive improvement in both performances and results.

We are by no means there yet but for about 20 minutes at Valley Parade today we were absolutely unplayable. 

After years of having to endure an impotent strike force, goal scoring is beginning to become a given. It’s mad to think we took Bradford apart and yet still have Bamboozle and Dearnley to come back. 

If we could add a player or two in January and turn our home form around there’s no reason why we shouldn’t aim for the playoffs at least.

I think a lot of fans, me included, will be eating large portions of humble pie after that performance today....long may it continue!!

Wouldn't it be great to eat the humble pie though. Fuck knows we have been through enough. 

It's a funny old game, after looking the worst team in 60 years we are now looking the best team in recent years.

HK has took some stick, but deserves credit for getting the lads to gel.

When we get Bahamboula and Dearnley back alongside McAleny and Rowe its going to be great to watch going forward.

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

It's a funny old game, after looking the worst team in 60 years we are now looking the best team in recent years.

A lot comes down to simple things:

1. Playing Rowe/Dearnley and not just Blackwood on his own

2. Admitting you can't play three across the back with only one centre back, and signing Clarke and Diarra instead of playing Jombati or Hamer out of position

3. Admitting Whelan, Garrity, Keillor-Dunn all can't tackle, and bringing in Ntambwe to win the ball and connect defence and attack

This issues were glaringly obvious, but at least they've got round to fixing them.

I just hope we can keep Clarke beyond January.

Not to completely piss on everyone's chips, but we've played Bradford twice now, and both times they've been shite. Maybe we've made them look shite, or maybe we're just better than them - but caution would suggest that we're not world beaters just yet. Tranmere seem much more impressive, let's see how we do against them Tuesday.

15 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Not to completely piss on everyone's chips, but we've played Bradford twice now, and both times they've been shite. Maybe we've made them look shite, or maybe we're just better than them - but caution would suggest that we're not world beaters just yet. Tranmere seem much more impressive, let's see how we do against them Tuesday.

Always look on the bright side of life eh?😁

I was absolutely all for driving him anywhere, but Scunthorpe aside, last few weeks has shown that perhaps his message is getting across.  I guess looking at it with a level head it was always going to take a completely new team with next to no league experience time to get up to speed but after enduring so much shite for so long we can be a bit impatient.

im still cautious about getting too excited and his accent still grates on me - and his hair and his coat but...

Well done Harry (and Mo) keep it up!!

”KewellMo’s blue and white army”

31 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I was absolutely all for driving him anywhere, but Scunthorpe aside, last few weeks has shown that perhaps his message is getting across.  I guess looking at it with a level head it was always going to take a completely new team with next to no league experience time to get up to speed but after enduring so much shite for so long we can be a bit impatient.

im still cautious about getting too excited and his accent still grates on me - and his hair and his coat but...

Well done Harry (and Mo) keep it up!!

”KewellMo’s blue and white army”

His Thenar Webspace tattoo must drive you insaneeee 😂

So results are a bit better ( let's leave for a moment debates about how fragile this run maybe) maybe its time to think about the future for a moment?

Contracted for next season Badan, Hamer, Whelan, Pidge, Blackwood, Dearnley. Haven't seen enough of Badan, might take cash for Hamer but would assume they all stay

Options

Bamboozler, Ntambwe,Jameson. Exercise all three.

Loanees

Try now to secure Clarke for rest of season,

Anyone want to make Lawlor permanent?

Hope there isn't a recall on MacCalemont.

Relaxed about Grant and Garity- might be able to upgrade

This season only

Rowe, McAleny, CBJ get an offer in sooner rather than later. Keeping Rowe past January rather than taking cash will be a sign of intent for me.

Jombati, Fage, Barnet could do a job based on last few games.

(thanks to Crusoe for the dates/options list)

1 hour ago, Longlostfan said:

So results are a bit better ( let's leave for a moment debates about how fragile this run maybe) maybe its time to think about the future for a moment?

Contracted for next season Badan, Hamer, Whelan, Pidge, Blackwood, Dearnley. Haven't seen enough of Badan, might take cash for Hamer but would assume they all stay

Options

Bamboozler, Ntambwe,Jameson. Exercise all three.

Loanees

Try now to secure Clarke for rest of season,

Anyone want to make Lawlor permanent?

Hope there isn't a recall on MacCalemont.

Relaxed about Grant and Garity- might be able to upgrade

This season only

Rowe, McAleny, CBJ get an offer in sooner rather than later. Keeping Rowe past January rather than taking cash will be a sign of intent for me.

Jombati, Fage, Barnet could do a job based on last few games.

(thanks to Crusoe for the dates/options list)

Think we have an option on McAleny 

Its good the way things are going for Harry. Lets just consider not only the players we need to keep. Most on here were calling for Harry's head a few short weeks ago.  Has anybody thought that he might be in demand soon if we carry on with our improvement in League and cup. He is only on a contract to June. He's getting a lot of good press at the moment, even on BBC.  There are clubs up the pyramid who are struggling who may consider him a good bet . Mo and Co may let him go if an offer was made on the 7months left on his contract. Therefore its imperative the manager gets a longer contract NOW. Anybody agree!

Archived