National League Thread

Nothing to fear from the Halifax game other than maybe the pitch. They were gifted goals and chesterfield also missed some good chances. Very flattering scoreline. 

It’s in our hands - win enough games and we’ll comfortably make it. 

• Like 1

We will have to play our scrapers in our rearranged mud bath at Halifax. That’s Fondop and Garner up front and Mcgahey and Sheron in the middle. We need to keep the ball away from Golden who is quality and hopefully Green will be back to give us options on the other side. 
Chesterfield rested Palmer tonight and Grimes is nothing without him. Don’t know anything about the guy who replaced him. 
Halifax will Find it very different when they play us. I trust MM to get it right.

Palmer is not that good and wouldnt get in our team , They will be straight back down with that defence . We should have been 4-0 up on Saturday at half time .

Edited by penrhyn
typo

12 minutes ago, meat pie sausage roll said:

We will have to play our scrapers in our rearranged mud bath at Halifax. That’s Fondop and Garner up front and Mcgahey and Sheron in the middle. We need to keep the ball away from Golden who is quality and hopefully Green will be back to give us options on the other side. 
Chesterfield rested Palmer tonight and Grimes is nothing without him. Don’t know anything about the guy who replaced him. 
Halifax will Find it very different when they play us. I trust MM to get it right.

They have won 7/8 so they have the momentum. 

Ita Alty/Gateshead and Solihull/Shots on Saturday so 3 points would make up ground on a couple at least.

Chesterfield are 30 points clear of us and have effectively eased up as it's in the bag, they'll do just fine in League 2 next season as teams do who go up out of the NL, if anyone thinks they'll come straight down we'd better give it a swerve with the squad we've got.

10 hours ago, diggleblue said:

Not looking good. Halifax should have been punished for allowing their pitch to be used for rugby leading to our fixture being postponed.

The postponement has given them an advantage over us.

Meanwhile, back in the real world...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Meanwhile, back in the real world...

🤣🤣🤣

they is funny them.

very closed mind and knowlege is local at best so they comes out with some right whoppers

Edited by Monty Burns
made it LGBTGI2S+ friendly just incase

On 3/20/2024 at 6:50 PM, yarddog73 said:

Chesterfield are 30 points clear of us and have effectively eased up as it's in the bag, they'll do just fine in League 2 next season as teams do who go up out of the NL, if anyone thinks they'll come straight down we'd better give it a swerve with the squad we've got.

The point i was trying to make is in the last 8 games  Chesterfield have conceded 18 goals whilst scoring 19 . We should have been four up at half time Saturday . Halifax should have been more comfortable last night at least another goal to the good possibly 2 . Defend like that next season against better teams and they will be relegated . But I expect them to bolster most of that defence . Not sure why you brought our squad in to it as ours will be totally different next season too. 

Edited by penrhyn
typo

6 minutes ago, penrhyn said:

The point i was trying to make is in the last 8 games  Chesterfield have conceded 18 goals whilst scoring 19 . We should have been four up at half time Saturday . Halifax should have been more comfortable last night at least another goal to the good possibly 2 . Defend like that next season against better teams and they will be relegated . But I expect them to bolster most of that defence .

LOL.

I think you may have misjudged the quality of league 2 strike forces especially at the lower end. Chesterfield will be amongst the favourites for promotion again next season and that will be justified. They are not going to struggle even if they don't add anyone, which won't be the case.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

LOL.

I think you may have misjudged the quality of league 2 strike forces especially at the lower end. Chesterfield will be amongst the favourites for promotion again next season and that will be justified. They are not going to struggle even if they don't add anyone, which won't be the case.

So are you saying league 2 strike forces are worse than national league strike forces . It was an off the cuff comment by me regarding the recent defending  . The fact of he matter is though as I said defend like they have recently and they will struggle . Do i expect them to keep the same defence no . Paul Cook is a good manager and will know who to get rid off. 

22 hours ago, penrhyn said:

So are you saying league 2 strike forces are worse than national league strike forces . It was an off the cuff comment by me regarding the recent defending  . The fact of he matter is though as I said defend like they have recently and they will struggle . Do i expect them to keep the same defence no . Paul Cook is a good manager and will know who to get rid off. 

No I'm not saying that I'm saying the strike forces at the bottom of league 2 are not better than the better strike forces in the national league. Us, Chesterfield and a few others will have a better strike force than most in League 2 and even some in League 1 (us and Chesterfield)

Rochdale about to win the lottery by the sounds of it....

Sir Peter Ogden (born and raised in Rochdale) about to buy them through The Ogden Trust.

He's worth about £500mil...

Edited by Gaz_Oafc