Final League Tables 07.04.2022

So there we are, then. The end of another season, but not one that any Latics fan would have wanted, even though the writing was on the wall for some time. This is also my last season producing the Prediction League. I've enjoyed the ten years that I've been doing it, but it's time for someone else now.

@oafcmetty has already said that he can produce the tables, but doesn't have the time to do the write-ups, so he will be looking for someone to take that on next season. There's just the play-offs left now, which @Stevie_J takes care of, so I guess he will soon be posting how it all works.

All Crawley predictions here

All Crawley points scored here

Premier League

Only 7 players scored any points and just 2 being the top score, by @24hoursfromtulsehill, @disjointed, @lookersstandandy and @rudemedic. It left the top five exactly as they were, so @Ex_pat is the Premier League Champion, 17 points clear of @lookersstandandy in 2nd place. At the other end of the table, @singe, @al_bro & @JohnnyPimp are relegated.

Premier League Table

Championship

@Sparkleking was the top scorer with 5 points, which lifted him to 12th place. The 3 points scored by @Brisbaneblue was enough to lift him out of the relegation zone by one point to stay in the Championship for next season. @Londonboy is the Champion, 18 points ahead of @tGWB who will join him in the Premier League next season. The play-offs are going to be contested by @Stevie_J, @Dave_Og, @SAV and @BristolaticDown at the bottom, @Laticsbiffo, @oafcmad09 & @south east latic are relegated.

Championship Table

League 1

Only four players scored any points, the best being the 6 picked up by @Gentleman, the other three only scoring 1 point each. It's not made any difference to the top or bottom of the table, so @Dick_Valentine is the Champion, a massive 26 points ahead of @adamoafc who is also promoted to the Championship. As there was no League 2 this season, there is no relegation unless a fourth division is back next season. The play-offs are made up of @deyres42, @alien, @the_mighty_bosh and @MrPartyPants6.

League 1 Table

End of season awards

Most correct results (W,L,D) - @lookersstandandy (13)

Most correct Half Time scores - @Stevie_J (18)

Most correct Full Time scores - @Hometownclub & @nzlatic (8)

Most correct Latics goals - @oafcmetty (25)

Most correct opposition goals - @Hometownclub & @Londonboy (17)

Most correct first Latics scorer - @Hometownclub, @Londonboy, @DavidCollinge & @milnrow latics (8)

Most correct attendance points - @Ex_pat (47)

@Hometownclub walks away with the most trophies to help fill his display cabinet. 

The Connor Brown "Special Mention" award

I don't think we did it last season, so this season it goes to all of you, given all you've had to go through. 

Don't forget to check out the play-off dates and who you are predicting for when @Stevie_J posts the information.

Another well run Prediction season. If only the club was run as well.

Thanks to all the people that help run the league, what a great job you have done.

Once we all get over the disappointment of Oldham no longer being in the EFL. We will hopefully start to look forward to another Prediction League.

This is my fourth Premiership win. I was desperate to win it so I could get rid of my 3 cups profile photo. Mission accomplished.

I like to say thanks to everyone who entered into the Prediction League, without you there is no league, banter, rivalry etc.

A special mention to @lookersstandandy who pushed me all the way and gave me a few frights along the way (getting all those results correct). A previous winner and the one to watch next season.

To all Latics fans everywhere, Have a safe and wonderful summer/winter (Northern/Southern Hemisphere).

Cheers

23 hours ago, Ex_pat said:

Another well run Prediction season. If only the club was run as well.

Thanks to all the people that help run the league, what a great job you have done.

Once we all get over the disappointment of Oldham no longer being in the EFL. We will hopefully start to look forward to another Prediction League.

This is my fourth Premiership win. I was desperate to win it so I could get rid of my 3 cups profile photo. Mission accomplished.

I like to say thanks to everyone who entered into the Prediction League, without you there is no league, banter, rivalry etc.

A special mention to @lookersstandandy who pushed me all the way and gave me a few frights along the way (getting all those results correct). A previous winner and the one to watch next season.

To all Latics fans everywhere, Have a safe and wonderful summer/winter (Northern/Southern Hemisphere).

Cheers

Previous winner*

Archived