Doncaster (h)

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oldham's the only hospitality I've been too where you have to queue up for 45 minutes for a buffet with 1 person serving. I dunno, maybe it's just me but when I think of hospitality I think of being waited on. The queue for the pies stand would be quicker, and cheaper too.

I thought a buffet was self-service? Get stuck in!

Oldham's the only hospitality I've been too where you have to queue up for 45 minutes for a buffet with 1 person serving. I dunno, maybe it's just me but when I think of hospitality I think of being waited on. The queue for the pies stand would be quicker, and cheaper too.

Clearly stated on pre- match info sent to everyone who booked that iir was a buffet

Enjoyed it and great result too

Deserved win as better side overall. Poor first 20 but after that created the odd chance and looked pretty solid. Got at them well down the right towards the end of first half and whipped over some dangerous crosses one which Erwin should have bagged. His hold up play and dunne and burgess' passing is a concern but can't be too disappointed. Mccay's run and finish was also good, need to give him better supply. Fane broke up play well and banks was good today moving the ball out to the wings. Let's hope we can build on that for future home games

Deserved win as better side overall. Poor first 20 but after that created the odd chance and looked pretty solid. Got at them well down the right towards the end of first half and whipped over some dangerous crosses one which Erwin should have bagged. His hold up play and dunne and burgess' passing is a concern but can't be too disappointed. Mccay's run and finish was also good, need to give him better supply. Fane broke up play well and banks was good today moving the ball out to the wings. Let's hope we can build on that for future home games

You don't mention Flynn who according to LP commentators had ' a blinder'

Still thawing out.Well a win was well deserved today even though Doncaster were no great shakes.Erwin misseda sitter and we played better after Green went off.Motm for me was Flynn.Mcloughlin played well on the wing and shows a lot of promise.Just glad we are through to the next round .

Deserved win as better side overall. Poor first 20 but after that created the odd chance and looked pretty solid. Got at them well down the right towards the end of first half and whipped over some dangerous crosses one which Erwin should have bagged.

I asked my lad (6) if he'd have finished that.

"Yeah. Even against a grown up" :grin:

Thought we played well at times, doncaster were absolutely terrible though so i'm not getting carried away. Thought Banks and Mclaughlin were both excellent, that midfield looks much better with Banks pushing on and Fane holding. Defence looked solid, Dunne is much better than Reckord, but still not great, at least he offers something. Mckay worked hard, and a good run and finish, hopefully that gets him going and he can go and score on a more regular basis. Erwin missed a sitter, but thought he was OK, it still frustrates me how wide he goes at times, is this a tactic of the manager or just something he naturally does?

Glad to be in the second round, hopefully we get a very winnable tie in the next round as its important we have a bit of a run in the cup this season.

Erwin missed a sitter, but thought he was OK, it still frustrates me how wide he goes at times, is this a tactic of the manager or just something he naturally does?

I've given up now. Just play him as the left winger and stick Osei up front with Mckay/Ladapo...

He's not bad at it...