Final League Tables and End of Season Awards 08.05.2021

If Latics were a boxer, you could say they float like a butterfly and sting like one, too. From the third consecutive defeat and the worst home record in 125 years, at least we have the success, failures and dramas of the Prediction League, but let us not forget the sad passing of @laticsrblue, to whom these final tables are dedicated. 

Forest Green Rovers predictions here - Filter Match 46

Forest Green Rovers points scored here - Filter Match 46

Premier League

@Hometownclub was top scorer with 4 points, and that secured the Premier League title :first:, just 2 points ahead of @Latics and England, who joins @singe in the Champions League Group stage. @lookersstandandy is in the CL Qualification place and @disjointed gets a place in the Europa League. At the other end of the table, @milnrow latics, @SAV and @youngen are relegated.

Premier League Table

Championship

Four pints was also the top score in the Championship, by @al_bro, who tops the table :first: 5 points clear of @Nohairdontcare. They're both playing Premier League football next season. The play-offs are made up of @Handsy, @pjkent, @BP1960 and @south east latic. Dropping out of the play-offs in the last game of the season is @LaticsPete, so it's another season in the second tier for him. @Oafc1895, @Latics_Fanatic and @HarryBosch are all relegated.

Championship Table

League 1

@alien's 5 points was the best in the division, maintaining his play-off spot along with @Londonboy, @tGWB and @CoreyECFC, the latter denying @the_mighty_bosh of his chance of promotion. The League 1 title goes to @alisonh1981 :first: and the second automatic promotion place is taken by @Sparkleking at @Londonboy's expense. Already relegated long before today were @Ryan, @dannyboy55555 and @rvlatic.

League 1 Table

League 2

@MrPartyPants6's 4 points ensured his place in the play-offs along with @futchers briefs, @philwhite and @mackin89. The top two stayed pretty well clear of the rest, so @RobinsDuckEgg :first: and @deyres42 will play in League 1 next season. Just two of predictors in the play-offs swap places as everyone else in the table stayed where they were. As in this season's National League, there is no relegation from League 2 in this format. Southend and Grimsby wish they can do the same!

End of Season Awards

Most correct W, L, D predictions - @Nohairdontcare and @alisonh1981 - 17 each

Most correct HT predictions - @Hometownclub and @BP1960 - 19 each

Most correct FT predictions - @alisonh1981 - 6

Most correct Latics goals predictions - Lawman and @RobinsDuckEgg - 15 each

Most correct oppositions goals predictions - @al_bro - 18

Most correct Latics scorer predictions - @lookersstandandy, @Sparkleking and @RobinsDuckEgg - 9 each

Most total points scored - @Hometownclub and @RobinsDuckEgg - 99 each

@Stevie_J will deal with the play-offs once the actual dates are known, so look out for who you play, how you predict and good luck with your promotion bids.

Thanks Pete, been a difficult time, compounded by the passing of Laticsrblue, nice touch to dedicate the final league tables to him, also pleased to see Al bro win a league title in what must be tough times for him. Hopefully next season will see a resumption to normality. Any slights I have given over the course of the season are only in jest, unless you are called lookersstandandy then it's personal. Stay safe one and all, the good times are only round the corner. 

In what has been a very unpredictable season, those titles have been well earned. Congrats to all the winners. 

And thanks to @Bristolatic @Stevie_J and @oafcmetty for all the effort running it.

I’ve never enjoyed predicting attendances but, for obvious reasons, it’ll be great to be doing that again next season. 

Hit good form too late to have a cushion in the play off places...

Good base for next season though and always confident that @milnrow laticswill find the Championship too much as he is on a downward spiral. 
Thanks to Bristol, Metty, Stevie and Lookers for your organisation of it all. 

Thank you very much for dedicating the final tables to my brother. If only he knew.

I look forward to taking on the big boys next season, but predicting attendances has always been my downfall.

May I also thank all three of you for making this possible, by your hard work and the effort you put in for us.

I#'m perversely proud to have gone through a whole season without getting a single full time prediction right, yet still finish in comfortable mid-table.  There must be some right dross in the division.

Congratulations to @Hometownclub @al_bro @alisonh1981 @RobinsDuckEgg for winning their leagues, and to @Nohairdontcare as the 2021 cup winner.

Commiserations to the managers who ended up in the relegation positions (rather you than me though).

A very big thank you to all the guys that ran the prediction league(s) @Bristolatic @Stevie_J @oafcmetty @lookersstandandy (I hope I have not miss anyone).

On a personal note I have had a bad season. I need to analyse where I went wrong.

I can't have another like this (maybe that's what AL says every year?)

I hope you all have a great seasons break, and see you all in August

On 5/9/2021 at 5:34 PM, al_bro said:

Thank you very much for dedicating the final tables to my brother. If only he knew.

I look forward to taking on the big boys next season, but predicting attendances has always been my downfall.

May I also thank all three of you for making this possible, by your hard work and the effort you put in for us.

I must have completely missed news of your brother, @al_bro - I don't get on here as much as I used to.  Really sorry to hear that.

Archived