Prediction League 23/24 Season

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

Last call!

@adamoafc@another fan@blaggard@Dick_Valentine@futchers briefs@GKing521@GlossopLatic@JoeP@Macca@mackin89@Nohairdontcare@Stevie_J@the_mighty_bosh@yarddog73

I'm travelling to Roots Hall tomorrow chaps, so may be limited as to when I can add you to the site to predict...

Go on then, I'll sign up.

I'll transfer tenner now.

Edited by JoeP
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Last call!

@adamoafc@another fan@blaggard@Dick_Valentine@futchers briefs@GKing521@GlossopLatic@JoeP@Macca@mackin89@Nohairdontcare@Stevie_J@the_mighty_bosh@yarddog73

I'm travelling to Roots Hall tomorrow chaps, so may be limited as to when I can add you to the site to predict...

Sad times but I don’t really have a tenner spare at the moment.

Week 1 scores updated - fair to say it wasn't a high scoring week, think only 5 of our 39 participants scored any points at all! And don't trust that Southend attendance stats site...

Let me know if any issues spotted!

@Stevie_J or @Matt please can we pin this thread and unpin last years?

• Like 1

• Matt pinned this topic
  • 3 months later...

A carrier pigeon shat the following missive into my lap this lunchtime...

Greetings fellow prediction league monkeys!

It’s not like me to provide a running commentary on my predicting brilliance, but I became aware recently that I’d gone top of the league. 

To be honest, I don’t normally look at the standings until March, when they actually start to matter, but I’m happy to make an exception. 

I haven’t really taken much of an interest in the league and frequently miss games. This is the benefit of partial retirement. When you’ve won all there is to win in the game, you can afford to relax a bit and pick and choose when you can be bothered. 

It’s good to see the likes of @rudemedic, the Amir of Average, in the upper echelons of the table before his annual regression to the mean.

@disjointed continues to underwhelm. I wonder whether he’ll ever predict more than two goals for someone. 

And then you look further down the leagues (if you can stomach it) to see some real stinkers. @DavidCollinge, my fellow occupier of the High Plateau of amateur and professional titles, is now plying his trade in the Championship, which I find disgusting. Is this how we treat predicting royalty? Put them in with serial failures like @JoeP and @Stevie_J? Makes my tits itch so it does.

They’ll come for me one day, but as long as I keep predicting about one in every three games, I’ll be there or thereabouts at the top of the Premier League. 

I’ll write again at the business end of the season, with the disappointing news that I’m keeping the money and Dr Kershaw’s can sling it. 

@24hoursfromtulsehill

• Like 4

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

It’s not like me to provide a running commentary on my predicting brilliance, but I became aware recently that I’d gone top of the league. 

To be honest, I don’t normally look at the standings until March, when they actually start to matter, but I’m happy to make an exception. 

I haven’t really taken much of an interest in the league and frequently miss games. This is the benefit of partial retirement. When you’ve won all there is to win in the game, you can afford to relax a bit and pick and choose when you can be bothered. 

It’s good to see the likes of @rudemedic, the Amir of Average, in the upper echelons of the table before his annual regression to the mean.

@disjointed continues to underwhelm. I wonder whether he’ll ever predict more than two goals for someone. 

And then you look further down the leagues (if you can stomach it) to see some real stinkers. @DavidCollinge, my fellow occupier of the High Plateau of amateur and professional titles, is now plying his trade in the Championship, which I find disgusting. Is this how we treat predicting royalty? Put them in with serial failures like @JoeP and @Stevie_J? Makes my tits itch so it does.

They’ll come for me one day, but as long as I keep predicting about one in every three games, I’ll be there or thereabouts at the top of the Premier League. 

I’ll write again at the business end of the season, with the disappointing news that I’m keeping the money and Dr Kershaw’s can sling it. 

@24hoursfromtulsehill

In fairness I think my alter ego Rudematic has been doing a lot more predicting this season I've been top a few times already this season.

2 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

@24hoursfromtulsehill

This is really heartwarming, society has moved on apace with the advent of correspondence being allowed into the outside world from the confines of the sanatorium. 

• Like 2

On 11/13/2023 at 4:28 PM, disjointed said:

This is really heartwarming, society has moved on apace with the advent of correspondence being allowed into the outside world from the confines of the sanatorium. 

I didn't even play on Saturday and I'm still joint top. No more freebies for you sad sacks. I've not even halfway through my gears yet.

• Thanks 1

Brutal would be the only way to describe this seasons prediction league. Former asterisk man and last year's winner LSA gets shunted into the relegation places. The only previous  Premier league winner from the professional era to suffer relegation if my memory serves me right is David Collinge, it's a hard road back. There was the removal of disgraced former champ 24hrs, but those were dark days for those who predict with honesty and integrity. 

• 1 month later...

Apologies for whinging @oafcmetty 😂 but both the Dorking match report and the Vanarama twitter page show the crowd yesterday as 2594. The updated table/weekly scores doesn't use this figure.

Unused subs: 11 Dan Ward, 20 Hallam Hope, 28 Ethan Walker

Referee: Ryan Atkin

Attendance: 2594

Sponsors Man Of The Match: Charlie Carter

Edited by mick26

4 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Apologies for whinging @oafcmetty 😂 but both the Dorking match report and the Vanarama twitter page show the crowd yesterday as 2594. The updated table/weekly scores doesn't use this figure.

Unused subs: 11 Dan Ward, 20 Hallam Hope, 28 Ethan Walker

Referee: Ryan Atkin

Attendance: 2594

Sponsors Man Of The Match: Charlie Carter

oooh

Our site gives 2,534: https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2024/january/06012024-dorking-a-report/

Anything on twitter or elsewhere?