Prediction League 2020/21

Stevie_J

On 9/4/2020 at 5:27 PM, milnrow latics said:

Just paid. Looking forward to another season of laughs at the predictions of  @latics pete 

Going to be a humourless season for you ...remember most of your points came from attendances. Still, God loves a trier....

Quick question. In previous years, I've forgotten on a handful of occasions to submit my predictions. I have therefore previously submitted predictions for every single fixture at the start of the season, then just updated them prior to each game (where I've remembered)! Would that be possible with this new system also, if it only recognises the most recent prediction? Could I submit my predictions now for every single game, then just update them prior to each match? Cheers

1 hour ago, aidan_latics said:

Quick question. In previous years, I've forgotten on a handful of occasions to submit my predictions. I have therefore previously submitted predictions for every single fixture at the start of the season, then just updated them prior to each game (where I've remembered)! Would that be possible with this new system also, if it only recognises the most recent prediction? Could I submit my predictions now for every single game, then just update them prior to each match? Cheers

Yes, of course you can. Just use the match number that corresponds with the games in the match list (1 to 46) from the drop down box. It will then show up which match you are predicting for when I do the tables. Any edits will then become your final prediction in each case. Any problems, drop me a PM.

6 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

Yes, of course you can. Just use the match number that corresponds with the games in the match list (1 to 46) from the drop down box. It will then show up which match you are predicting for when I do the tables. Any edits will then become your final prediction in each case. Any problems, drop me a PM.

Spot on. Cheers

A couple of points to add (also tagged on to the foot of the original post):

Predictions must be submitted at least 10 mins before the stated kick-off time.  Any predictions submitted after that cut-off will be discounted.  Any edits after that time will override, and therefore void, your original prediction.

A partial, incomplete prediction (e.g. missing HT score) will blank your whole prediction in the system and so will void the entire prediction, so please input carefully!

3 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

A couple of points to add (also tagged on to the foot of the original post):

Predictions must be submitted at least 10 mins before the stated kick-off time.  Any predictions submitted after that cut-off will be discounted.  Any edits after that time will override, and therefore void, your original prediction.

A partial, incomplete prediction (e.g. missing HT score) will blank your whole prediction in the system and so will void the entire prediction, so please input carefully!

Missing the half time score will default to 0-0 as will missing the full time score. Missing out the scorer, if there is one, will flag up an error.

As the Prediction League’s most famous professional and amateur champion, I’ve a few thoughts on the new system. 

1. It seems that you can’t see your own Prediction to make last-minute alterations. That’s a minor ballache. 

2. You can’t see other people’s predictions. This has two consequences. First, you can’t alight and have a little chuckle at the averageness of rudemedic’s predictions. Secondly, the whole thing lacks transparency, meaning that any cyber-cheats out there, or Russian wind-up bots like lookerstandandy, have a free pass. 

3. It’s an impressive but improvable set-up. Can we have a page where we see all submissions? That was an important part of the entertainment for fans and an important part of the game for players. 

36 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

This may have been asked already, but is there an error warning if you submit something not allowed?

There are some failsafes in there, but I'll probably pick it up if it's glaringly obvious. Trouble is, it may not get noticed until after the 10 minute cut off as I don't check it constantly. I'm sure you'll be fine.

• Matt unpinned this topic

Archived